Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Exhaust and Cutouts Discussion [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Exhaust and Cutouts Discussion [GEN 1]

Exhaust advice-- Ford Racing, Borla, MF

This is a discussion on Exhaust advice-- Ford Racing, Borla, MF within the Ford Raptor Exhaust and Cutouts Discussion [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Ford Racing and Borla: $1200 Magnaflow $600 Tough decision......

User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes

Sponsored By: Stainless Works

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2014, 11:46 AM   #21 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Ford Racing and Borla: $1200
Magnaflow $600

Tough decision...

oplersx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:49 AM   #22 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)

Originally Posted by oplersx View Post
Ford Racing and Borla: $1200
Magnaflow $600

Tough decision...
You can get the borla for about $1000...just need to dig a bit...resale is also higher on the borla and ford racing exhausts. But I agree...price wise I'd go magnaflow all day...

14' Tux SE Screw | Baja Kits LT w/King 3.0s | SVC V2 Bypass Rack w/King 4.0s | WSI HD Springs | SW Headers | SVC V3 Tune | LGE*CTS Mount | KHC Exhaust | SVC Baja Bumpers | MRW NVs w/37" KO2s | AMP Steps | Bak Revolver X2 | Tailgate Assist | AOR Hood Mounts | Vision X 4.5" Cannons | 30" & 42" LEDs | 4.88 gears | +2 Fenders | 2" Rear Flare Mod| LVT Motorsports AUX Switches | Ambient lighting | Raptor Retrofits w/55w EVO-XRs | LED Bedlights | JLT Oil Separator
SlimChaChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:10 PM   #23 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by SlimChaChi View Post
You can get the borla for about $1000...just need to dig a bit...resale is also higher on the borla and ford racing exhausts. But I agree...price wise I'd go magnaflow all day...
Yeah, cannot beat that price. Build quality and sound are good too IMHO. Has one on my wife's Fiat 500, full cat back, so far so good.

But never seen an FR or Borla, are they really 2x better in terms of quality and sound?
oplersx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 04:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
Full Access Member

I am looking at either the Ford Racing Touring, or Borla Touring. The pictures show a round Chrome dual tip, but many of you have posted with square tips. Which do they come with?

is anyone running the Touring and although 1 or 2 posts seem to indicate the same sound as stock, can anyone testify that it offers at least a little bit more oomph?

I definitely do not want obnoxious or race car sound, just something deep, throaty but not too loud. I will stick with FR or Borla. No Magnaflow. I could technically do the sport version of the FRP or Borla, and keep the resonator on. Will that absolutely eliminate any drone?

Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Can anyone attest that these are pretty much representative sounds and volumes of the Borla Exausts? Seems to me that the touring isn't much difference than the sport? are these exactly the same as the FRP kits as well?

BORLA Exhaust Sounds for 2011-2014 Ford Raptor - YouTube
Wassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:38 PM   #25 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Wassy, get the FRP sport keep your stock resonator. Try driving with both resonator and non resonator, see what you like. 20$ to get the muffler shop to weld a 3 inch stainless section to the factory resonator pipe so it will be the same length as the resonator delete pipe that comes with the FRP sport system. Best of both worlds and the stock resonator pipe is pure flow through. And NO. Drone. Great to be able to easily switch up!

Take a look at all my posts with pics that I did for this.

Old 09-22-2014, 05:48 PM   #26 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Banana
Originally Posted by Hoverp View Post
Wassy, get the FRP sport keep your stock resonator. Try driving with both resonator and non resonator, see what you like. 20$ to get the muffler shop to weld a 3 inch stainless section to the factory resonator pipe so it will be the same length as the resonator delete pipe that comes with the FRP sport system. Best of both worlds and the stock resonator pipe is pure flow through. And NO. Drone. Great to be able to easily switch up!

Take a look at all my posts with pics that I did for this.
Thanks Buddy! I ordered the Touring, but if need be will switch to Sport. Let me start there and see how it sounds. I did read your posts prior to posting, but the videos I heard and saw didn't seem to offer that much difference in sound, loudness (with resonator), and again, not looking to piss off the neighborhood. They already cited me for keeping a "truck" on driveway and not in the garage at night. The fight continues. LOL. I told them, Turck, what truck? this is a Raptor!!!!
Old 09-23-2014, 07:19 PM   #27 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Wassy View Post

Thanks Buddy! I ordered the Touring, but if need be will switch to Sport. Let me start there and see how it sounds. I did read your posts prior to posting, but the videos I heard and saw didn't seem to offer that much difference in sound, loudness (with resonator), and again, not looking to piss off the neighborhood. They already cited me for keeping a "truck" on driveway and not in the garage at night. The fight continues. LOL. I told them, Turck, what truck? this is a Raptor!!!!
Jeebus!! I think I would move if my neighborhood was soo uptight they wanted to dictate what I drive or park in the driveway. This is America last time I checked. Sorry to hear.
Greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
Full Access Member

agreed. but it's in our association docs. working on it and will advise!
Old 10-01-2014, 05:08 PM   #29 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
In case anyone was curious, the Ford Racing Sport exhaust is SICK

Definitely not obnoxious, and a beautiful sound. No problems with the tips, either.

Now if anyone could direct me to the best way to put a video on here.....?
DBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:39 PM   #30 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

2x on the Ford Racing Sport, mine has been on for a week, love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk