Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Exhaust and Cutouts Discussion [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Exhaust and Cutouts Discussion [GEN 1]

Exhaust advice-- Ford Racing, Borla, MF

This is a discussion on Exhaust advice-- Ford Racing, Borla, MF within the Ford Raptor Exhaust and Cutouts Discussion [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Just finished the aFe intake on my 2014 Raptor, now looking to do the exhaust. I'm deciding between Ford Racing ...

User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes

Sponsored By: Stainless Works

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2014, 12:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Exhaust advice-- Ford Racing, Borla, MF
Just finished the aFe intake on my 2014 Raptor, now looking to do the exhaust. I'm deciding between Ford Racing (unsure Touring or Sport) and Borla (again, Touring or S-type), although I haven't completely ruled out MagnaFlow or Corsa.

Can anyone with experience with the Ford Racing or Borla exhaust give me some advice? I'm looking for feedback on performance, sound, and definitely obnoxiousness inside the truck while I'm driving.

Here's a link to Ford Racing Touring

Ford Racing Sport

Borla (both)

MagnaFlow
Magnaflow Video "2011 Ford F-150 Raptor V8 6.2L"

Corsa videos look through the products if you'd like
Corsa Search

Thanks!!
HoldenTX likes this.

DBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm debating these as well.. So far I'm leaning towards the ford racing sport. Sounds just like wht I'm looking for. And like the double rolled square look of the exhaust tips. Def a hard choice. All sound pretty good..
Evo Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)

headers in your future? i've always been fond of the ford racing sport exhaust....just sounds beastly...not sure on drone, i think that's a hard question to answer as some guys will see drone differently...though i hear corsa (which is the route i took) is zero drone even with headers

14' Tux SE Screw | Baja Kits LT w/King 3.0s | SVC V2 Bypass Rack w/King 4.0s | WSI HD Springs | SW Headers | SVC V3 Tune | LGE*CTS Mount | KHC Exhaust | SVC Baja Bumpers | MRW NVs w/37" KO2s | AMP Steps | Bak Revolver X2 | Tailgate Assist | AOR Hood Mounts | Vision X 4.5" Cannons | 30" & 42" LEDs | 4.88 gears | +2 Fenders | 2" Rear Flare Mod| LVT Motorsports AUX Switches | Ambient lighting | Raptor Retrofits w/55w EVO-XRs | LED Bedlights | JLT Oil Separator
SlimChaChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

FRF Resident Artist

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I had the same question the past month and did a ton of researching. It's very subjective, since it comes down to whether you like the sound. For me, I ended up with the FRP Sport. Of the people I talked to that had it on their personal trucks for extended periods of time, they said they had no regrets and there was very little additional drone compared to stock. There was an instance or two where the Sport model was too loud/droney for some, so they put the stock resonator back on. In fact, I don't recall any regrets with the FRP exhaust, and most complaints were regarding the chrome tips.

I was able to get it for $1080 shipped, which is what finally pushed me over the edge.

FWIW, yes the FRP exhaust is made by Borla. I believe the touring models between the two are the same, but I don't think that the Borla S-Type and the FRP Sport are.

FRP Sport:

Borla S-Type:

Notice how the FRP has a res delete pipe and the Borla does not? Also the mufflers are very different. From what I've read/heard the Borla S-Type is much more tame than the FRP Sport. Granted, I'm only going off the manufacturer's pictures and YT vids, so maybe someone with hands-on knowledge can confirm/deny this theory.
BMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:03 AM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

You can get the MF and tuner/SVC tune for the price of the Borla/FR or Corsa give or take. MF is great, no drone.
Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I'll be rolling with the Ford Racing Sport. Mainly because resale with a Ford branded upgrade is much less likely to hurt resale.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 01:01 AM   #7 (permalink)

Originally Posted by BMart View Post
I had the same question the past month and did a ton of researching. It's very subjective, since it comes down to whether you like the sound. For me, I ended up with the FRP Sport. Of the people I talked to that had it on their personal trucks for extended periods of time, they said they had no regrets and there was very little additional drone compared to stock. There was an instance or two where the Sport model was too loud/droney for some, so they put the stock resonator back on. In fact, I don't recall any regrets with the FRP exhaust, and most complaints were regarding the chrome tips.

I was able to get it for $1080 shipped, which is what finally pushed me over the edge.

FWIW, yes the FRP exhaust is made by Borla. I believe the touring models between the two are the same, but I don't think that the Borla S-Type and the FRP Sport are.

FRP Sport:

Borla S-Type:

Notice how the FRP has a res delete pipe and the Borla does not? Also the mufflers are very different. From what I've read/heard the Borla S-Type is much more tame than the FRP Sport. Granted, I'm only going off the manufacturer's pictures and YT vids, so maybe someone with hands-on knowledge can confirm/deny this theory.
where did you get it from at that price?
gera8712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 01:12 AM   #8 (permalink)

Dezert 8MYMNEY

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

I love my Black Widow Exhaust and didn't cost anywhere near what these "kits" cost.

Video of the truck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgJXgAj1QbY

You can hear a sound clip below, best part is there is zero drone and at higher RPM's the truck really wakes up.
Listen
A.I.I.Raciing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Where did you get it for that price shipped???

Old 09-10-2014, 11:05 AM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Yo Dom, seems like you got your answer. I'd go with FRPP Sport since yeah... no matter how you look at it, its a solid kit and offers an OEM like resale factor to the truck.

Bottom line Go Ford, Get Sport - the only drawback is the price of the kit since it's priced higher than its competitors but meh... you should ONLY be buying Exhaust ONCE.

Do you find yourself Lurking these Forums? Is that ever persistent Google search bringing you back Here? Do you ever find your pulse quickening at points as you Read? If so, say no more and Join Today.

Buy Once, Cry Once - Bitches
New Guy is offline   Reply With Quote