Electronic Cutout Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I already have a pretty obnoxious setup with Kooks long tube headers, no cats, and a custom lightning exit with a Borla muffler which I absolutely love. BUT I'm interested in making it crazier by adding an electronic cutout for those days I'm feeling frisky. I know the electronic cutouts aren't recommended due to their lack of durability while off roading but I only do mild offroading and it's not very often so I'm not too worried about them failing.

That being said, I've been trying to decide between Doug's cutouts and the Badlanzhpe cutouts. What do y'all recommend?

Boss

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
None, I ran open headers on the way to the exhaust shop and it was terrible.

SW longtubes, no cats, I can only imagine that a cutout would be the same.

OP
OP
BigBOSS

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
None, I ran open headers on the way to the exhaust shop and it was terrible.

SW longtubes, no cats, I can only imagine that a cutout would be the same.

I ran around for 2 weeks with open headers and I hated it because it was too loud for daily driving.
When I got the headers installed in Houston, it was a 5 hour drive back to Austin, because of traffic, and my ears felt like they were bleeding. Cutouts won't bother me since I can have it loud at my discretion.

I'm just looking for input on pros/cons for the 2 setups I listed.

BANE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard the Dougs cut out is pretty good and good quality. I had a QTP cut out but it failed in the winter due to the salt they put on the roads

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the Doug's and it failed twice. Plus, my exhaust fell off on both the DirtyDozen and the DDII run's. I ended up ripping the whole thing out and going with the DirtyDeeds 20" cat back system. Doug's is a quality cut out, and they do stand behind the product, it just isn't meant for off-roading. Road salt, rain, snow, etc. + an electric motor = fail.

OP
OP
BigBOSS

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the Doug's and it failed twice. Plus, my exhaust fell off on both the DirtyDozen and the DDII run's. I ended up ripping the whole thing out and going with the DirtyDeeds 20" cat back system. Doug's is a quality cut out, and they do stand behind the product, it just isn't meant for off-roading. Road salt, rain, snow, etc. + an electric motor = fail.

So it should be fine for my needs though you would say? Very mild offroading and it isn't very often. Plus I am in south Texas so no road salt.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So it should be fine for my needs though you would say? Very mild offroading and it isn't very often. Plus I am in south Texas so no road salt.

It sounds like you have your mind made up. So yes, go with the Doug's. I modified a Magnaflow Y pipe to accept the cut-out, because the Doug's Y pipe is not stainless steel. Also, weld the Y pipe on, mine was tack welded before DDII and it still fell off. Does it rain in Texas? GL

OP
OP
BigBOSS

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It sounds like you have your mind made up. So yes, go with the Doug's. I modified a Magnaflow Y pipe to accept the cut-out, because the Doug's Y pipe is not stainless steel. Also, weld the Y pipe on, mine was tack welded before DDII and it still fell off. Does it rain in Texas? GL

What is rain? :specialed: