Dump exhaust question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhanni848

Reaction score
I searched and PM'd someone with no response so thought I would ask here.

I just picked up a 2011 SCREW, and it is actually straight piped for now. I have watched many videos for Raptor exhuasts, and it really sounds good to be honest.

The question is, has anyone done an exhaust dump after the rear axle near the factory hanger, and not had to go to a shop to have a new hanger piece welded? When I looked at it the factory hanger is only welded to 1 of the exhaust pipes, or mine is anyway.

I would like to just cut it myself as long as I can do that and get no rattle or movement.

Thanks!

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
are you sure the pipes are not welded together. I have not herd of anyone that has done this mod complain.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I searched and PM'd someone with no response so thought I would ask here.

I just picked up a 2011 SCREW, and it is actually straight piped for now. I have watched many videos for Raptor exhuasts, and it really sounds good to be honest.

The question is, has anyone done an exhaust dump after the rear axle near the factory hanger, and not had to go to a shop to have a new hanger piece welded? When I looked at it the factory hanger is only welded to 1 of the exhaust pipes, or mine is anyway.

I would like to just cut it myself as long as I can do that and get no rattle or movement.

Thanks!

mine is dumped at the rear axle, and I have kept the stock hanger, just ran 250+ miles at the Raptor run and no issues at all (for the 8th event). my only issue was my SW headers broke at the Y into the exhaust, a known weakness, that has been fixed with a new welded on bracket.

here's some old pics showing it:

gettingclosewithstage3.jpg

Uboltsareabitlong.jpg

OP
OP
dhanni848

dhanni848

Reaction score
Awesome and very good to know! I will have to take a look again, and maybe post a picture to confirm as well. I really thought I only saw the hanger welded to 1 pipe. I didn't look to see if the actual pipes were welded together however.

I just hate the tips on this thing :(

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awesome and very good to know! I will have to take a look again, and maybe post a picture to confirm as well. I really thought I only saw the hanger welded to 1 pipe. I didn't look to see if the actual pipes were welded together however.

I just hate the tips on this thing :(

Just looked under mine

You have a hanger on the exhaust canister, then one on the driver's side pipe right before the upturn over the axle. but like I have said, I've run this thing over about everything and never had a problem from that end.

i was okay with tips, but for off roading i didn't want anything in the way, this tucks it up and makes it go away. because you're dumping under bed, it gets loud AF under there.

OP
OP
dhanni848

dhanni848

Reaction score
Just looked under mine

You have a hanger on the exhaust canister, then one on the driver's side pipe right before the upturn over the axle. but like I have said, I've run this thing over about everything and never had a problem from that end.

i was okay with tips, but for off roading i didn't want anything in the way, this tucks it up and makes it go away. because you're dumping under bed, it gets loud AF under there.

It sounds great right now (a bit loud, but I like it). How much louder are we talking here! I didnt look in from of the axle so that explains it. I am good to go then.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP
OP
dhanni848

dhanni848

Reaction score