DPFE (EGR) Sensor delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How you responded to it made it seem as though you were directing it at me specifically

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

When you directly challenge me in one thread by changing my words and then do something almost the same in another, it's easy to make the mistake

OP
OP
ittybittyfds

ittybittyfds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking the loss of throttle response he is feeling is just the reduced low end power, he has changed the rpm at which the engine scavenges, which is the flow of the exhaust gas leaving the cylinder pulling more intake air in, there are waves in the exhaust that do not affect total flow of the exhaust, the amount of time the wave takes to go from the exhaust valve down to where it bounces off a restriction in the exhaust pipe and back to the valve determines when scavenging occurs, with the stock muffler system this is designed to occur at low rpms to increase driveability, when you change the system it can occur at a higher rpm, and with most aftermarket systems it occurs at much higher rpms than stock, correct me if I'm wrong about what I think you're feeling ittybitty

You could be right! I had the same issue on my F150 5.0L after going with the Super40.

My Raptor's exhaust is a 3' pipe from cat, resonator removed into a Flowmaster Series 10 out to dual 2.5 pipes with dual 5' tips (tips are only 8' long)

Maybe I am being picky but I could tell that it felt like I lost a little low end and throttle response. I know the stock tune Raptors had a slightly delayed throttle from the factory but after my exhaust I could really tell.

like I said in the OP. I had asked if you guys were aware of this and to help educate me. I wanted to know if there was a link. I am not a mechanic and I don't pretend to know everything about everything with my truck.

Thanks to those who actually provided me some intelligent feedback.