Didn't mean to punk my wife

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chartquist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I installed a new Dirty Deeds cat back system over the weekend which I've described in other posts. Absolutely love it. I made some before and after videos, but I didn't get one revving the engine. So, I handed my wife the cell phone and asked her to make a short video. Little did I know that it was going to shoot water at her! You can see her backing up, and like the true pro she is, she didn't even scream expletives at me. Who knew that Dirty Deeds gave us this bonus party trick.

Check it out: https://vimeo.com/134611814

OP
OP
C

chartquist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plus it was about 95 degrees out and I had just pulled it out of a 70 degree garage... bet that added to it. It does make me think though that maybe I should drill a tiny hole in the lowest part of the muffler like the stock one has in both the muffler and resonator. Hate to drill a hole in my brand new exhaust though, and I'd imagine that the Dirty Deeds system heats up more than stock and therefore evaporates any water pretty quick.

dirtydeeds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my theory is that the stock muffler holds the water in the first chamber. It also holds back a lot of heat which evaporates the water. The stock catalyst converts a lot of the hydrocarbon in the exhaust system into co2 and h20. This is the govment emissions at their best;)

The BAmuffler allows the exhaust the flow thru without restriction. And doesn't hold enough heat to evaporate the water. So it collects in the lowest part of the muffler until you create some pressure with the gas pedal:) Or drive around enough to evaporate the water.

I wouldn't worry too much about a hole. Our muffler cans are SS, and so is the core no matter what system you order. The end caps are 1/8" thick!!! So a little surface rust inside won't hurt anything (if you ordered an aluminized system) But if you ordered a SS system then the end caps are 1/8" thick solid 304SS.