Cutout not dumping all exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex Millsap

Reaction score
Yesterday I had a local shop install sort of a custom cutout, it's essentially a header flange with about 3" of pipe welded on after the factory flange (before the muffler) and turned down. Seals great and is easy to remove/replace, however I can still hear hints of my exhaust system with it open. It makes sense, but all of the exhaust gas isn't being dumped out the cutout. As a consequence it seems like it isn't as loud as it could be (it's pretty loud though). I would like to know if others experienced this with their cutouts/what they did or if I should deal with it until I get some headers and dump it at the rear axle.

Marcsc1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had same thing happen when I put on an electric cutout. It has since died and ended up just putting the turndown right after the resonator. Sounds like the gates of hell on WOT and drone is only bad in one small rpm range that I just stay out of. My wife smiles everytime we go through a tunnel, for some reason my right foot gets heavier in them...hahaha.