Cutout before cats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So i know that guys are putting the cut out system after the cats and enjoying it but i want it real loud when i open the cut out. Has anyone tried to put 2 cut outs on each down pipe before the cats? Is this possible to do? Is there enough room to do this?

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure you could find a place to fit them, but with the proximity of the cats and the fact they can get up over 2,500 degrees I don't think your cutouts would last very long

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
doubt they'd fit, and it would sound like garbage dumping right out the manifolds. Noisy yes, a nice loud tone, not at all.

There's a difference between loud exhaust, and noisy exhaust.

OP
OP
BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
doubt they'd fit, and it would sound like garbage dumping right out the manifolds. Noisy yes, a nice loud tone, not at all.

There's a difference between loud exhaust, and noisy exhaust.

not looking for opinion on sound since a lot of people on this forum don't really have a clue in that department. Just wanted to see if it was possible to fit a cutout before the cat to have better sound that stock and after the cats and also delete the cats and see some performance increase.

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My headers are being pulled off the truck as we speak. I can send a pic with a tape measure tomorrow to let u know exactly how much room u have.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea stainless works long tube no cats and x pipe then custom back.

Ooo that's gonna sound mean. You'll have to throw the cats back on in a couple years tho right? What's the difference between using that x pipe or an y pipe with no cats

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea it should. No inspections in FL so they won't be going on any time soon. X pipe equalizes the back pressure and resonance between each side of cylinders. Y pipe just brings them together and doesn't flow smoothly. X pipe also sounds the best and lest the gases escape the best. I know I didn't do a great job with the explanation sorry about that.