Custom Muffler with Factory Tips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goathearder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I just ordered a Black Widow muffler today to try out but they only offer 3 inch single center inlet and outlet in the version I bought. I want to keep the factory tips so I obviously need a y pipe out of the muffler.

I just wanted to see if anyone has done this and has a pic of their setup they can share.

Also, anyone know the diameter going into the muffler and diameter of the exit pipes. I can measure tonight but would rather just order adapters now if I need any.

Thanks!
John

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I would like to say that I believe any muffler shop can make a Y-pipe but there may not be many willing to. If they can't i'd order the parts and do it your self man!

Black widow mufflers, sounds mean! Exhaust video pronto after you get the work done, good luck!

OP
OP
goathearder

goathearder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yea, I am planning on doing it myself, just wanted to see if anyone had done it yet. I was looking at the stock muffler and I can't tell if the spacing is "standard" or if I am gonna have issues with an off the shelf y.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats it, 3" inlet, 2.5 outlet, So you will need a y pipe 3" TO 2.5 the double/Y

6point2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same set up but with a borla xr-1 muffler. The muffler is 3" in 3" out. Here's a crappy picture of it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 132
OP
OP
goathearder

goathearder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet! The y will be here tomorrow so I should be able to get it all done over the long weekend. Im super curious to see how this Black Widow sounds on a 6.2.