Corsa Xtreme Cat Back Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

btkeenan

Reaction score
Thanks for your video. It convinced me to pick up the black one as well for my 13 screw. Can't be more pleased with the exhaust note. Cruising around town its silent but it wakes up when you get on it. Only downside is I'll probably have to change brake pads and get gas more frequently just so I can rev it out and hear it lol #firstworldproblems

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Stock, good but quiet.
2. Borla 40349, all else stock, good sound slight drone.
3. Left Borla in. Removed factory resonator and installed 26"x2.5" Helmholtz Resonator, Good sound no drone.
4. Dirty Deeds 24", great on start and in town, too loud for wife on trips. I loved it, but it had a residual resonance @ 70-80 that was very noticeable.
5, Corsa Extreme, aggressive at start up (especially when cold where it'll startle passerbys, LOL), then settles right down in 15-25 seconds to a great rumble. Quiet even in town unless you open the throttle up then WOW and above 3K at full throttle it turns heads of those in stores and on the streets in town. The exhaust note is always refined even at WOT when it's rattling windows. Here's the unbelievable part, it is SERIOUSLY as quiet @ 75-80 as stock. I should have just bought the Corsa first.

Last edited:

Dre01SS

Reaction score
1. Stock, good but quiet.
2. Borla 40349, all else stock, good sound slight drone.
3. Left Borla. Removed factory resonator and installed 26"x2.5" Helmholtz Resonator, Good sound no drone.
4. Dirty Deeds 24", great on start and in town, too loud for wife on trips. I loved it, but it had a residual resonance @ 70-80 that was very noticeable.
5, Corsa Extreme, aggressive at start up (especially when cold where it'll startle passerbys, LOL), then settles right down in 15-25 seconds to a great rumble. Quiet even in town unless you open the throttle up then WOW and above 3K at full throttle it turns heads of those in stores and on the streets in town. The exhaust note is always refined even at WOT when it's rattling windows. Here's the unbelievable part, it is SERIOUSLY as quiet @ 75-80 as stock. I should have just bought the Corsa first.
I was on the fence between 4 & 5, but you just made my choice clear. Great feedback. Have had Corsa in previous vehicles, always a clean sound with no drone.

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The perfect exhaust for me would have the raucous cold start of the Corsa Extreme although the Dirty Deeds is wonderful too and with a deeper tone, it would have the rumble of the Dirty Deeds around town and while daily commuting but with the shriek of the Corsa @ WOT, and it would have the quiet highway sound of the Corsa Extreme. I love the Dirty Deeds Lightning exit better too but the Corsa Black tips tucked right up against the bed look great as well. Ironically both of these systems use a Helmholtz resonator arrangement for noise cancelling, the Dirty Deeds is an exposed tube while the Corsa RSC has it internally inside the muffler. Good luck Dre01SS.

Last edited:

mwm5094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in a Corsa CBE, my brother sells them (where I bought mine). Feel free to PM me.

Glockman

Reaction score
Are you guys using headers with the Corsa CBE? I'm not sure if I want to go through all of the headaches of the install of the headers. What kind of power gains are you seeing with the CBE? I'm looking to do this soon and want to make the right decision.