Corsa resonator delete too short for stock muffler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A while back I bought a Corsa resonator delete pipe kit for my SuperCrew, PN 14758 for the 144" wheel base. When I fitted it up to the factory Y pipe and connected the factory muffler it was too short :-(

The slots cut in the muffler inlet for expansion/contraction were not covered by the outlet of the Corsa pipe. The muffler was already pushed forward in the mounts.

I should have measured before I tried to install! The web site says "Fits to CORSA PN 14387 and stock system" so I assumed it would fit. Anyone else have an issue with this pipe?

Attachments

• IMG_1212.jpg
    IMG_1212.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1224.jpg
    IMG_1224.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 116

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Should have just gone to an exhaust shop. Thats what i did. I switched my Corsa from Scab to Screw. Got rid of resonator and the exhaust shop i deal with made an extension. That easy. They only charged me $150 to do all the work including fabricating the extension for the Screw. I would just visit a local shop to make it work.

Last edited:

TurboTim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much you think shipping will be to Denver for the res delete pipe

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A while back I bought a Corsa resonator delete pipe kit for my SuperCrew, PN 14758 for the 144" wheel base. When I fitted it up to the factory Y pipe and connected the factory muffler it was too short :-(

The slots cut in the muffler inlet for expansion/contraction were not covered by the outlet of the Corsa pipe. The muffler was already pushed forward in the mounts.

I should have measured before I tried to install! The web site says "Fits to CORSA PN 14387 and stock system" so I assumed it would fit. Anyone else have an issue with this pipe?

I'm with you brother, I assumed it would be exactly the same length as the factory pipe with resonator. Have you attempted to contact Corsa? 14758 is the correct part # for a Raptor SuperCrew so it would seem they dropped the ball. Good luck to you.

OP
OP
andreb

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with you brother, I assumed it would be exactly the same length as the factory pipe with resonator. Have you attempted to contact Corsa? 14758 is the correct part # for a Raptor SuperCrew so it would seem they dropped the ball. Good luck to you.

I filed a tech support request on the web site and the next day someone contacted me via E-mail. We've traded several E-mails back and forth and they are trying to work with me on this issue.

Here is what I learned...

If you are familiar with the OE resonator you know there is a locating "L" slot cut into the expanded outlet end. This fits into a small steel button welded onto the OE muffler inlet pipe. It serves to lock the system together and prevent rotation.

The Corsa pipe is designed to butt up against the button. I could not find any reference to this in the installation instructions though. In my effort to make the install as OE as possible I added (modified) the L slot to the Corsa outlet effectively shortening the system. I should have test fit first! My bad :mad:

I'm now questioning if I observed the rest correctly as it was cold in the garage that day. I swear the slots cut into the OE muffler inlet went well past the end of the Corse pipe so it would have leaked any ways. I actually made things better by getting the Corsa pipe to fit further onto the OE muffler.

Corsa has been very good in working with me to figure this out, even offering to send a new pipe. Problem is this pipe is correct to spec and I've modified it so that make it hard for them to reuse or resell.

I'm going to take the OE resonator off again and fit the Corsa pipe again to make sure I was looking at things correctly. Maybe it will fit if I do it three times ;-)

My intention was to use this pipe in the interim until I get the SW muffler I want. I was going to cut the Corsa pipe instead of the OE resonator as required. Maybe I'll just order that now!?

Attachments

• IMG_1213.jpg
    IMG_1213.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1216.jpg
    IMG_1216.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited: