Corsa muffler question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KRock4x4

Reaction score
Hi all! I have a 12 Screw currently with the corsa sport exhaust installed. thinking of going louder. Is there a physical difference in the sport vs extreme muffler or is the only difference the resonator delete pipe? Thanks!!!

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i've heard different takes on this, some say they're the same, others say internals are different. i've heard the sport with the resonator delete...doesn't sound bad at all, but doesn't have the growl of the xtreme.

Last edited:

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can post pics of the internals of a sport muffler and an extreme muffler to show you that they are the same.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cut in half would be awesome...never seen these specific muffler internals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Im not home right now so I have no pics but I'll describe it as best I can. The muffler is actually a straight through pipe, with a 2 1/2" diameter hole at the beginning of the muffler, and at the exit of the muffler. Those holes lead into the actual muffler surrounding the pipe, and reduce things like drone and noise unless you're absolutely getting on it. Below the holes are slits cut into the pipe, no idea what the purpose of those are, but they also open up into the muffler area that contains corsa's patented RSC stuff which basically looks like a maze of chambers.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, the sport utilizes the factory resonator while the extreme includes a resonator delete pipe.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg