6.2 Corsa Installation Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbax2000

Reaction score
For those who have installed the Corsa sport exhaust, can you do this without raising the truck? I assume dropping the spare helps but was wondering if the install can be done with no lift or jacks.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Been a while since I put mine on but I was thinking I had to get the rear up a little bit to get the stock exhaust out.

Boefadeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to do this Saturday without lifting the truck:
1. Dropped the spare (I left it where it lay)
2. Removed the two bolts on the fwd end of the resonator pipe, loosened clamps on same
3. Removed the fwd hanger which allowed clearance to pull the resonator pipe. You're going to work the forearms a little here, I'd recommend penetrating oil after going without [Insert lube joke here].
4. Loosened the clamps and used a mallet and thick wooden dowel to hammer the tips off (hammered at the small metal piece between the tips that was slightly smaller in diameter than the dowel, again use the lube if you've got it)
5. Put down cardboard to protect the leading edge of the pipe
6. Pulled the middle and rear hangers
7. Shifted everything forward and rotated clockwise (facing the fwd end of the truck) till rear-end of the pipe cleared the axle
8. Had a beer
9. Installed Corsa Extreme
10. Stowed spare
11. Still burning through loads of fuel till the SEG goes away

Last edited: