GEN 1 Corsa Exhaust Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

siooss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Corsa Exhaust (muffler) is now making a loud buzzing noise after it warms up and is most pronounced at 25 mph and 55 mph. Figure a loose internal baffle or some such, anyone else have this problem? Waiting to hear back from Corsa.

txrapgirl

Reaction score
did the problem resolve? looking into corsa for an exhaust for supercrew but want to be sure things like these don't happen.

OP
OP
siooss

siooss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did Corsa say?
They finally responded to warranty claim, now I have to send them a video.
Both the dealership and custom exhaust shop I went to said there is something loose inside the muffler, broken weld, or loose baffel. Did the tap thing, but could not really tell anything, just a very cheap, thin tinny sound. Just have to convince Corsa there is an internal defect.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

did the problem resolve? looking into corsa for an exhaust for supercrew but want to be sure things like these don't happen.

Not yet, still working the warranty bit. I wrapped the muffler with a HeatShield products thermal shield and used heavy gauge wire to hold the wrap in place, sort of squeezing in the thin sides of the muffler by pulling the wire tight against the barrier, it works pretty good at reducing the rattle, buzzing sounds.

OP
OP
siooss

siooss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are sending me a new muffler and two new clamps, I asked for new pipes as well, but they said their clamps don't deform the pipes and to remove the rear hangers first and rock the muffler up and down to get it off the pipes. Should be a hoot trying to get the old muffler off after three years.

OP
OP
siooss

siooss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received replacement muffler today. I'm thinking about cutting the old one open to find out what came loose and if repairable, fix it and put it back on and then sell the brand new one, haha! Paid good money for this fancy pants muffler, so should be worth trying to salvage, it's only 3 years old.

Last edited: