Catalytic converter question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

806ROUSH

Reaction score
I was getting the same code, po420 and po430. Replaced them and all is well. I can't say that I gained any mpg though. However, it passed the emissions test so I'm happy

I am getting these codes after I had local shop put high flow cats on. Did great with no codes for about 6-7 months then now it comes on weekly.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

It was for a 6.2 but I CL'd it last weekend. Sorry bud.

Crap! Day late, Dollar short as usual!!!

stevelp99

Reaction score
You could with find a second hand cats from ebay or just go for it and get some aftermarket parts and a tune and be done with it, which is what I would do, and have done on prevous vehicles, because if you have any plans in the future that involve any of the parts you are going to want to put in, your're better off just doing it now, Instead of paying to have the work done twice.

Sigmoid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cats?...what cats? Horsepower killers. Nothing like being able to exhale freely.

team430

Reaction score
I am having a smog issue here in CA and need a stock 6.2 Ypipe with cats and headers, anyone have some I can buy?

806ROUSH

Reaction score
I was looking for one as well back when I had aftermarket highflow cats put on. Muffler shop put on some cheap ones and now I have clear check engine codes daily. There are good replacements out there like Magna Flow and ACAT Global. Finding a take off is tough and the shipping will kill you.

Deanwam8

Reaction score
I just bought a 2011 6.2L from Florida with headers and Borla exhaust...and had it shipped up to NY. Of course I didn't think to check before I bought... Sure enough...no cats at all on it. Don't need them in FL...but sure do in NY! Would it be cheaper to get CATs and have them worked into my straight headers or do I have to ditch the headers and get a whole new exhaust? Where can I look for good aftermarket cats that won't throw a code? Soo bummed...this is gonna kill my wallet...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

I just bought a 2011 6.2L from Florida with headers and Borla exhaust...and had it shipped up to NY. Of course I didn't think to check before I bought... Sure enough...no cats at all on it. Don't need them in FL...but sure do in NY! Would it be cheaper to get CATs and have them worked into my straight headers or do I have to ditch the headers and get a whole new exhaust? Where can I look for good aftermarket cats that won't throw a code? Soo bummed...this is gonna kill my wallet...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I am not sure if the cats can be cut off and welded onto yours but I am replacing mine and would be more than happy to sell the pair. My ypipe was damaged when off-roading so I am replacing the stock piece on both sides.
This is on a 2014