Cannot live with Roush raptor exhaust..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

giof89

Reaction score
Guys I cannot stand the drone. I thought I would get used to it but it bothers me more and more everyday. Sometimes I hear the humming in my sleep! Lol . I have a roush raptor 14 and had it for 2 months so far. The dealer tells me that I cannot change out the exhaust or even touch or modify it or else my warranty will be taken off. I had even purchase an extended warranty which they say covers all roush parts as well. I thought I can live with it but I'm starting to regret the decision and maybe I should of just got a quiet stock raptor. Don't get me wrong, the sound of this truck under hard acceleration makes me smile every time. Is there any guys out here in NY Long Island or NYC that could advise me maybe to getting service to another dealer or something? Thanks

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use Hassett Ford in Wantagh, L.I. for my Whippled Raptor, purchased and installed by them.
I've seen a black Roush Raptor there and parts sitting on the counter for it.

Have you called Roush and expressed your dilemma?
It's up to Roush to approve your supplemental powertrain warranty not Ford and certainly not the Dealer.

Roush uses the American Racing Headers for their Stage2 kit, their out in Deer Park, L.I. Give them a call. Talk to Steve!!!

And by the way a stock Raptor isn't that quiet either. LOL
Since I have very early morning starts, my neighbors complained the first day I got her bone stock and haven't stopped till this day, 4 years later. LOL

Last edited:

BGA23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I have very early morning starts, my neighbors complained the first day I got her bone stock and haven't stopped till this day, 4 years later. LOL

Maybe your neighbors should try closing their windows. I think my stock M3 louder than my stock Raptor at start up and at idle. I think the Raptor only makes a nice sound under hard acceleration and even then really need to have windows open. But at cruising speed it is very quiet.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL, you don't know how bad I want to say that out loud.

I agree, I still have full stock exhaust on my Whippled Raptor and at cruising speeds all I hear is tires!.
But I have a Bedrug and a Pace Edwards electric covers that killed all the drone, coming from the stock exhaust.

OP
OP
G

giof89

Reaction score
I use Hassett Ford in Wantagh, L.I. for my Whippled Raptor, purchased and installed by them.
I've seen a black Roush Raptor there and parts sitting on the counter for it.

Have you called Roush and expressed your dilemma?
It's up to Roush to approve your supplemental powertrain warranty not Ford and certainly not the Dealer.

Roush uses the American Racing Headers for their Stage2 kit, their out in Deer Park, L.I. Give them a call. Talk to Steve!!!

THANKS, I will give Steve a call tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

I do not see any Roush dealers in Deer Park. Closest one to Deer Park that i see on the map is Sayville Ford. I already called them earlier and they told me i cannot change the exhaust. Didn't even give me an explanation on why.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
THANKS, I will give Steve a call tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

I do not see any Roush dealers in Deer Park. Closest one to Deer Park that i see on the map is Sayville Ford. I already called them earlier and they told me i cannot change the exhaust. Didn't even give me an explanation on why.

I believe @MTF was refering to AR: American Racing Headers - Manufacturing custom headers for a variety of engines, And Applications

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, TheJoker

giof89, I believe you fell under the salesman pitch that a Roush Raptor is fully Ford Warrantied.
In reality your Ford extended warranty is ok but not the drivetrain, the drivetrain is voided by Ford and is covered by Roush's Supplemental Drivetrain warranty.
It's the same deal with the Whipple.
I too get to keep my Ford 8 year/125,000 mile 0 deductible warranty that I purchased when I bought my Raptor in Texas 4 years ago.
You can't even get that in NY.

If your worried about warranty make sure you purchased the Roush extended Supplemental Powertrain warranty, because once that's up your on your own.
If you don't believe this you need to call Roush and have them explain your warranty.
And find out what your options are as far as changing something to the drivetrain that Roush covers.

Hassett Ford is an SVT dealership well was until Ford got rid of the program, they do most of the Roush SC Mustangs there, by word of mouth.
in fact they do most of all Fords high performance vehicles that are SC in the past be it Saleen, Kenne Bell, Magnuson, Whipple to name a few.

Last edited: