Borla muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jcv838

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to do a muffler swap. I will be keeping the resonator in place. Thinking of going with the Borla ProXS #40349. Muffler shop quoted me $200 for muffler and instal. Does that sound reasonable?

Has anybody done this setup? If so, how is drone and sound quality? Looking for something that sounds better when you get on it. Don't want anything to loud when just cruising around.

Thanks guys

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looking to do a muffler swap. I will be keeping the resonator in place. Thinking of going with the Borla ProXS #40349. Muffler shop quoted me $200 for muffler and instal. Does that sound reasonable?

Has anybody done this setup? If so, how is drone and sound quality? Looking for something that sounds better when you get on it. Don't want anything to loud when just cruising around.

Thanks guys

I have the Borla on mine, turned down at the rear axle, mated to SW LT headers. But I did have it on there before the headers.

No drone, it is fairly quiet around town, but does go full honk when you open it up. Overall I've loved it , build solid, it's a two into the resonator, then two out, unlike the Corsa which funnels to one pipe first.

overall two thumbs up!

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks guys
I have the 40349 Pro XS and like it. I eliminated the stock resonator and installed a 2.5"x26" Helmholtz resonator. Sounds really good on start up and at WOT, ZERO drone with a slightly deeper growl. $200 is certainly reasonable.