Borla? Corsa? Flowmaster?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just picked up 2011 Raptor! Love it. Any sugestions...

Exhausts are a very personal thing and come down to individual sound preference.

So I will simply offer this advice; Read the various threads regarding exhausts here as there are plenty. You did not mention Magnaflow, but should consider it in your pool. From what I have heard, they all sould good. I personally do not care for the sound of Corsa. Not sure of the price of a flowmaster, but the Borla set-up is $1,000 and the Magnaflow is $500. Both are stainless systems. I just bought the Magnaflow catback. I like the sound, tips, build quality and price.

There are a number of sound clips on youtube, check em out. :peace:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love Borla but I went with Corsa this time. Just wanted something different.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Exhausts are a very personal thing and come down to individual sound preference.

So I will simply offer this advice; Read the various threads regarding exhausts here as there are plenty. You did not mention Magnaflow, but should consider it in your pool. From what I have heard, they all sould good. I personally do not care for the sound of Corsa. Not sure of the price of a flowmaster, but the Borla set-up is $1,000 and the Magnaflow is $500. Both are stainless systems. I just bought the Magnaflow catback. I like the sound, tips, build quality and price.

There are a number of sound clips on youtube, check em out. :peace:

Dont do a full set up. If you get just the muffler at the shop or online, and have them bend pipe and make it, its MUCH cheaper. I had my exhaust, including price of pipe and muffler, installed for $70. How do you beat that? I wanted the pipe moved to a different place a few months later, $30, and then again to a side exit that I did my self.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm leaning toward a muffler upgrade and a turndown pipe.

I'm thinking that great exhaust tips aren't necessary on an off-road truck look. That will save on a few feet stainless steel mandrel pipe and first class tips.

f16YODA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering the Stainless Works stem to stern setup. Looks like a quality system that sounds great.

whtrapta, do you have any pictures of your side exit configuration and pipe routing? That would be my ideal setup. I think it would look and sound awesome.

If I could get a setup that sounded anything like my KR I'd have a perma-***** every time I drove the truck. But, I have a little while to figure it out since who knows when my '12 will show. WBC, thanks for letting me piggyback on your thread.

Have at you!
- YODA :Jedi:

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i accually really liked SoSmoked's Spintech's setup... thats something im thinking about heavily.... but i need to sell my old truck first......

OP
OP
R

RaptorWBC

Reaction score
Ok Just installed Borla Cat back! I like it, wish i could say i love it. Didnt blow me away with sound. sounds good, rumbles but not that loud. I was expecting louder. What to do next? cut baffles out if thats an option.