Bolts and gaskets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ive heard you should use the stock studs. I was going to recommend going to Mopac Auto Supply and see what they carry as I bought all my header bolts for my car there, but they were SS and somebody said not to use them on here. Worth a try!

OP
OP

6.2Canadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score

2004boss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the kit come with metal gaskets? When I got my sw they didn't come with any so I bought multi layer aluminum gaskets. I think they were made by kooks. Got them from summit. So far 20,*** and no leaks

OP
OP

6.2Canadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the kit come with metal gaskets? When I got my sw they didn't come with any so I bought multi layer aluminum gaskets. I think they were made by kooks. Got them from summit. So far 20,*** and no leaks

Ya they are metal.. Good to know thanks

Badass69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my SW long tubes on today. Stock studs and then OEM metal gaskets. No leaks!

RangerRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used Stage 8 locking header bolts and the OEM gaskets when I installed my Kooks headers. Kooks includes new gaskets with the headers but every header install thread I read through said to reuse the factory gaskets. I ordered my Stage 8 bolts thru Summit Racing. I'd also recommend getting a set of Spark plug wire sleeves and a heat shield to wrap around your starter.

-Rob

Last edited:

BANE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used Stage 8 locking header bolts and the OEM gaskets when I installed my Kooks headers. Kooks includes new gaskets with the headers but every header install thread I read through said to reuse the factory gaskets. I ordered my Stage 8 bolts thru Summit Racing. I'd also recommend getting a set of Spark plug wire sleeves and a heat shield to wrap around your starter.

-Rob

I did the Exact same Thing but the oem gaskets, used Kooks