Black Widow Race VS. Borla S-Type

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently am running the Borla S-Type kit without the resignator tips. I'm interested in the Black Widow Race Venom but just don't want drone in the cab on the highway, or while towing my boat. Can anyone give opinions as to how the two compare sound wise, and if the black widow is going to be waaaaay louder?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
It's neither of the ones you listed, but I put the Dirty Deeds catback on mine and it's almost straight pipe loud with minimal drone. Might be one to look at.

OP
OP
BigGriff023

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's neither of the ones you listed, but I put the Dirty Deeds catback on mine and it's almost straight pipe loud with minimal drone. Might be one to look at.

I have heard a lot of good things from dirty deeds as well. I will have to check it out.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I had a Borla XR-1 on my 5.0 and replaced it with a Black Widow Race Venom. The Black Widow was actually quieter inside drone wise at cruising speed but was definitely louder and deeper.

level-4

Reaction score
Skip the black widow mine didn't hold up to the abuse

Last edited:

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard a lot of good things from dirty deeds as well. I will have to check it out.
The DD system is my favorite around town but it does drone on the highway with or without towing on my S/Crew. On a 2-3 hour trip it was too annoying for me. I love the way DD looks with a 5" tip on it also.

level-4

Reaction score
Can you elaborate? I've run black widows on two previous trucks and had no complaints other than my neighbors upset about the sound lol

Surre, after a year of use the muffler started cracking around the inlet. Have to either replace it of have it welded up.

Floyd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surre, after a year of use the muffler started cracking around the inlet. Have to either replace it of have it welded up.

were the hangers welded to the inlet and not the body of the muffler itself?