Best exhaust cutouts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccbruin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for an exhaust cutout. Preferably cheap of course, but still want quality. I see a lot on the Dougs one with some reviews both good and bad. Anyone have any experience with the Summit ones or the jegs ones?

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ok so first question...

do you plan on takinf your raptor off road?

if that answer is yes then don't waste your hard earned money on those giant pieces of shit!!

i had a cut out and it lasted 2 months tops before it literally fell apart and i know a lot of others that have either done the same or the flap gets stuck shut and wont open. just get a nice exhaust and you'll be a lot happier down the road

but if you don't off road your raptor (sad if you don't) then i can sell you my Y pip off of mine hahaha and you can buy whatever cut out you want!

these things are made for cars and street trucks not off road trucks!

OP
OP
C

ccbruin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea makes sense. That's why I was kind of leaning towards a cable driven one, but haven't found any with any decent reviews.. Might just make one

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@pat'sRAPTOR ...Do you ever use the y pipe/manual cutout?

I was thinking of doing the electric cutout deal but this and other things I read are discouraging...I do off-road. I was considering just getting the Y pipe and manually taking the 3 screws off when I want to get cute. Im going to get some exhaust work done soon anyway, so thought this would be the time to do it.

Since you wanted to sell it, Im guessing your saying you don't think its worth much...

and don't feel like you have to sell me yours, they are $30 on summit

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@pat'sRAPTOR ...Do you ever use the y pipe/manual cutout?

I was thinking of doing the electric cutout deal but this and other things I read are discouraging...I do off-road. I was considering just getting the Y pipe and manually taking the 3 screws off when I want to get cute. Im going to get some exhaust work done soon anyway, so thought this would be the time to do it.

Since you wanted to sell it, Im guessing your saying you don't think its worth much...

and don't feel like you have to sell me yours, they are $30 on summit

I don't use my y pipe I got rid of it all together and put in a magnaflow exhaust that dumps right after the muffler.

You could very easily do what you're talking about cause that's what I did so my cutout wasn't wide open all the time up until I got my new exhaust I just used a piece of thin sheeet metal and cut it into the shape needed and used bolts with wing nuts to make it easier to get off when needed! And since you can get the y pipe cheap it's worth a try

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@pat'sRAPTOR Thanks! Yeah, I think I'll try that. I have a magnaflow too. I have the resonator off also and sometimes I feel like it gets a little annoying when I'm just putting around town (thinking of putting resonator back on and then having the cutout). I do like to mess around once in a while and I think the cutout would be good for that. The electric deal would be ideal but sounds like they're a waste of money. So did you try multiple ones? Different brands?

Last edited:

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, those are some of the bigger brands that I've heard of. I was considering QTP because Summit carried it, thought that gave it some credibility...but it looks like I'd be waisting my time and money with the electric deals. Thanks for the responses, I'll probably just do the Y pipe then and just do it manually if I'm feeling frisky