Best aggressive sounding exhaust setup?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mxm2450

Reaction score
Hi, I'm trading in my current ride, a 2012 Chevy Camaro SS, for a Raptor very soon here (possibly within the week). I love my car, but it's not built to be driven in some of the conditions that I find myself in, so I've decided to make the move to a Raptor to bridge the gap between functionality and fun. The car is just too much to maintain, and I've been plagued by paint issues that will likely continue to give me nightmares for years to come. That being said, there is one thing I can see myself missing about my car, and that is the sound. The only mods I have done to the car are the installation of an Airaid CAI, a tune, and a Borla Atak Catback, and it sounds magnificent. I was curious as to what the best options were for achieving a truly aggressive sound from the Raptor, and I figured this would be the best place to ask. Thanks in advance!

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Stainless works headers performance connect lightning style exit/ S-tube mufflers

I've got QTP electronic cutouts with a wireless remote so I can open and close the cutout when I want. Its after the stock resonator for a smoother tone but before the huge stock muffler.

I also recommend picking up an airaid cold air intake and 5 star tunes on an SCT X4. I have
-93 perf (daily)
-93 econ
-93 tow
-87 economy
-87 tow

OP
OP
M

mxm2450

Reaction score
Awesome! Good suggestions, I look forward to starting some earthquakes at WOT. While we're at it, any other suggestions? I pulled my punches with the Camaro as far as aftermarket mods go because I wasn't sure if I'd be keeping it, but I love trucks and can't see myself getting rid of the Raptor for a very long time.

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had the SW long tube headers with the X pipe and full SW exhaust on my truck. I took off the SW exhaust (cat back) because it was too aggressive for me and had a local shop make a custom system.

The exhaust is for sale on the garage sale section of this forum..I've got to move it so I'm willing to sell it aggressively..if you're interested let me know..

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm running a Livernois modified Airaid cai, Livernois tunes and a Borla S-Type (Stinger) exhaust on my Raptor. Borla does not make an Attack exhaust system specifically for the Raptor but one for a 5.0 F150 could possibly be modified to work even though the piping is smaller.