Before or after the Resonator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baron138

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Using Doug's cutout and was wondering, have people been going between the resonator and the muffler or before the resonator? I have a 2013.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it goes before the resonator because it would be louder there. But you could probably put it after it if you wanted to.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been wandering the same thing the past couple of days.

I heard somewhere on here that someone said that having the y pipe of the cutout doesn't let ALL the exhaust out the cutout and some of the exhaust still goes through the regular exhaust. Does anyone have 1st hand experience with that? Can you guys confirm that?

In that way, I lean towards before the cutout, but if I would want to realistically run around town, I would think after the resonator would be good. People say that it sounds awesome with just the resonator. Does anyone how much of a difference in sound there is between having just resonator or having nothing (no resonator or muffler)?

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i put mine inplace of the resonator, and yes, you still get some exhaust going thru the muffler, but most of it takes the path of least resistance and goes out the cut out.

i LOVE running around town with the cut out open and off road mode on to hold the gears.... there isnt a smiley here big enough to show how happy it makes me!

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, when I unbolted to exhaust the other day, I was like a kid in a candy store. It had that tone and sound that I had been trying to get with different muffler and resonator delete.

Only thing that Im thinking is that I liked it so much, Im going to want to run it like that the majority of the time. IF the resonator doesn't mess up that tone...only makes it slightly less in your face...it might be perfect for every day.

But i get what your saying too...go big or go home! Guess I can't really go wrong either way

falc0n

Reaction score
I had to remove the resonator for my SCAB but I don't think you have to for the SCREW. If I had the choice I would've left the resonator on but put the cutout before it. There is just a slight tone difference around 2k RPM when the cutout is closed that I didn't have before.