Banks Monster Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
im not an expert but based off the looks of the piping and the cat/diffuser canister in the middle i bet this is probably on the louder side than say oem exhausts with mufflers, cats etc

jdombrowski1077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a banks now on my 2009 XLT and it is loud. Not bad cruising or idling but when you get on it you can hear the truck coming from a half mile away. Very deep tone. Only thing I have noticed is when you add a CAI it gets a loud drone at about 75 - 80 MPH. Borderline annoying. No drone when I had one or the other in, only when both were in I had the drone. Im seriously thinking about getting another when my raptor comes in. The other plus is they are fairly inexpensive in comparison to other exhausts. I think you can get one for under 300 if you shop around.

golferdude1971

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used to have a Banks Monster on my 05' F150 KR SCREW, and I had really liked it on the 5.4. I had made a few inquiries to the people at Banks to see if there were any sound clips available for a 6.2 but no dice. There is literally nothing web regarding opinions, pics, vids on this exhaust on a Raptor....so I contacted them to see if they could send one to me and I would create a comprehensive write-up along with a few vids/pics, but they haven't replied. Seems like they dont want our business :(

stevie

Reaction score
I bought one for my 2010 6.2 Raptor I really like it! It seemed quiet at first when I got it but after the 3rd week it seemed to get more deep and loud at idle. But I'm coming from a 2001 Lightning that had tons of mods so loud to me may be differnt than what others think of loud lol. I really do enjoy it tho, and simple to put on.

boostfiend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought one for my 2010 6.2 Raptor I really like it! It seemed quiet at first when I got it but after the 3rd week it seemed to get more deep and loud at idle. But I'm coming from a 2001 Lightning that had tons of mods so loud to me may be differnt than what others think of loud lol. I really do enjoy it tho, and simple to put on.

I just raced me a lightning today smoked him all 3 runs. 25roll dead stop and 30

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used to have a Banks Monster on my 05' F150 KR SCREW, and I had really liked it on the 5.4. I had made a few inquiries to the people at Banks to see if there were any sound clips available for a 6.2 but no dice. There is literally nothing web regarding opinions, pics, vids on this exhaust on a Raptor....so I contacted them to see if they could send one to me and I would create a comprehensive write-up along with a few vids/pics, but they haven't replied. Seems like they dont want our business :(

At the Banks web site, click the Videos tab for that product and there is a clip with what it sounds like on an F-150. They don't mention what engine, but it's freaking loud. My neighbors would gang up and kill me like a bunch of sound-crazed zombies if my truck sounded like that.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just raced me a lightning today smoked him all 3 runs. 25roll dead stop and 30

I find this hard to believe but i dont doubt ya. Next time, grab a video. Congrats on the win.
You have me itching to see a video though...

......what's the cost of this system?

Last edited: