ARH quality?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Straight pipe is way too loud and raw for me. I put cats back in and it is still too loud. I was gonna weld my stock resonator in before the muffler but I'm not sure if that will tame it enough. I want a more sporty sound and less raw metal sound. Any suggestions ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

with My CTSV I used ARH with high flow cats hooked up to my stock mufflers. I am beyond happy with that sound and gains.
it sounds like a regular car until I gass it then it sounds so mean.

I am gonna do the same exact thing to my Raptor in hopes it will be like my CTSV

OP
OP
BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
with My CTSV I used ARH with high flow cats hooked up to my stock mufflers. I am beyond happy with that sound and gains.
it sounds like a regular car until I gass it then it sounds so mean.

I am gonna do the same exact thing to my Raptor in hopes it will be like my CTSV
Do you have ARH headers and cats on your raptor ? The ARH utilized a Y pipe so the stock resonator cannot be used unless you cut and weld or clamp it in. But sith the ARH Y pipe you can hook up to stock muffler without resonator.

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has actually been a much discussed topic on CTSVowners, and the consensus is that the Kooks green cats are the best. I would give ARH a call though because word is they re-engineered their cats for high horsepower applications. I have their headers on my V and can say the quality is first rate, but have no cats so can't personally add any insight.

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have ARH headers and cats on your raptor ? The ARH utilized a Y pipe so the stock resonator cannot be used unless you cut and weld or clamp it in. But sith the ARH Y pipe you can hook up to stock muffler without resonator.

No I have not done it yet. I have quote on ARH to stock from my CTSV tuner and I am playing phone tag with chris at 5star but I want to see what he says. his price on SW was a lot cheaper than ARH so I want to figure to out.
I will be buying either set up to stock as soon as I talk with chris. I prob will not run cats as it won't pass the visual smog in CA so why bother.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

It has actually been a much discussed topic on CTSVowners, and the consensus is that the Kooks green cats are the best. I would give ARH a call though because word is they re-engineered their cats for high horsepower applications. I have their headers on my V and can say the quality is first rate, but have no cats so can't personally add any insight.

what CTSV 1-2-3 Ii have 2013 and when I did mine ARH was the best bet and what Matt my tuner suggested and I love them. he still suggests them

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
'12 that is at 686 on a Mustang. I collapsed the stock cats on the second pull, gutted them and tuned them out. If your putting down big power in your Raptor, the Kooks are a safe bet.

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pretty sure it was 650ish last time it was on the rollers.
I'm not doing anything to this raptor I'm waiting for the 17 to come out. But I will add the headers to keep my mod sickness going.
I'd love to slap a whipple on there but at 10k that's 1/6th the truck don't make sense to me.
Specially with new one having turbos nothing better IMO

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well shit I just ordered some ARH. I went with them for the 1 3/4 sizing. hopefully that was a one time issue and mine will be fine