Anyone running no cats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ALLOUTWARN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy who has a new f150 5.0 he removed his cats, added a 3" y pipe, stock resonator and a burns stainless race muffler, it sounds like a straight race truck!! Was thinking about running a similar setup was curious if anyone is running no cats with stock headers? Or has anyone tried burns mufflers?

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have the SW headers with no cats also. I started with it going into a y pipe, SW turbo s tube muffler, and then dumped but that didn't last long. Then I had a shop weld the stock pipes on to the end of the SW muffler. Now I have the full SW setup with x pipe and dual mufflers out the stock exit. Honestly, I liked it better the way I had it before. I have never heard anything bad about the corsa but part of me wants to try the Lightning exit. Regardless, the decision on cats was a matter of price for me. Someone once posted an article of legitimate testing between stock, high flow, and no cats. The differences were so small in power it's not worth the hassle. So money and sound drove my purchase. I had to register the truck in my home state though because at the time I was living in VA and it wouldn't have passed inspection. That might be a deciding factor for you depending on where you live.

FreedomMotorSports.us

Give us a call at 260-444-7503!

10376-fms-website.jpg

zer0gravity

Reaction score
I'm running a similar setup to dkfc13. SW headers to x-pipe with no cats to Stube to rear exit.

It's pretty load. I'll make a video as well. When I cold start, it will set off alarms to cars next to me.