Anyone running Magnaflow cat back with resonator delete?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went from no muffler to Magnaflow Cat back exhaust 15366.

Sounds good but very quiet just like stock.

So wondering if anyone here has deleted the resonator for the corsa 14758 or custom delete and if you have a sound clip.

The magnaflow sounds great but want just a little more.

Thanks!

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Magnaflow cat back no resonator (2010s didn't have them) with a turn down before the axle. Definitely louder than stock can hear the truck start from the other side of the building I live in! I'm sure my neighbors love me!

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that setup for a while. Droned way too much.

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Stang did you have the 2.5" system part #15588 or the 3" part #15366?

That should make a difference no?

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Drone is not bad, but I have full dynamat in the cab.

so its pretty loud then huh? did the turndown make it louder?

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the 15588. I'll add that it sounded much better vs. with the resonator but cold start and drone were too much for me. I also have the cab fully sound insulated. Some people are more sensitive to drone than others so you might be fine.

I went through the same exercise on the Corsa I have now. That sounds wicked with no resonator and it has zero drone either way but I couldn't take the cold starts. I don't like being THAT guy in the neighborhood. There again, some people could care less about it so it's personal preference. .

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the 15588. I'll add that it sounded much better vs. with the resonator but cold start and drone were too much for me. I also have the cab fully sound insulated. Some people are more sensitive to drone than others so you might be fine.

I went through the same exercise on the Corsa I have now. That sounds wicked with no resonator and it has zero drone either way but I couldn't take the cold starts. I don't like being THAT guy in the neighborhood. There again, some people could care less about it so it's personal preference. .

No I'm with yah on that one!

When I traded my 11 scab for this 14 screw the previous owner deleted the muffler so I know what your talking about on cold starts!

I'm looking for something in between the no muffler and this magnaflow system. So guess Ill try the res delete and see how it sounds.

More than anything this rusted resonator is damn fugly connected to the magnaflow system!

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Stang did you have the 2.5" system part #15588 or the 3" part #15366?

That should make a difference no?

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

so its pretty loud then huh? did the turndown make it louder?

Yeah turn down caused most of it, before it was fairly tame. I had to do a turn down as it does not work with a Icon bumpstop system.