Anyone run SW headers and dump system (smog and noise concerns)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
andreb

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the sw Lightning exit factory connect, no headers. I love the sound, it doesn't drone to me. The factory connect still requires you to cut a short section to reuse the flange off the factory system. The measurement sw provides is way off, as in too long. Fit up the sw exhaust and do your own measurement.

Thanks Wfo,

I didn't realize that so I went to SW and checked out the install guide, sure enough! Rather than cutting the OE resonator I figured I'd just replace it to start with and see how that sounds. I've got a Corsa resonator delete pipe coming. I don't suspect it will get me what I want but I can cut the Corsa pipe and use it rather than cutting up the OE unit just in case I ever want to go back.

While I am down there I was going to take some vids of the sound at various stages; OE system disconnect at resonator, no resonator - open Y pipe, Corsa pipe only then Corsa + OE system.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just get the offroad y pipe.

Headers aren't worth it.

Unless you dump it.

And drive around at WOT all day.

OP
OP
andreb

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Corsa resonator delete pipe showed up a couple weeks ago. I haven't had time to play around with it yet but its extremely well made and the welds are top notch. I've read plenty of complaints about the price but I think you get what you pay for here. It would also be a great place for a cut-out with the stock system behind it. I plan to run this for a while and see how it sounds. Funny enough in the instructions there is a note on "May exhibit drone under towing conditions." Guess we'll see...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter