Anyone run SW headers and dump system (smog and noise concerns)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I drove my buddies Hellcat the other day (holy crap!) and it reminded me of how quite my Raptor is so its time to do something with the exhaust.

I'm pretty much set on SW, either the Lighting system with factory connect or the full-boogie headers and dump system.

I've read under normal cruising the Lighting system is louder but the dumps are at WOT. My concern is volume in the cab. The Raptor has become the default family truckster on holiday weekends as my wife finds it more comfortable than the Audi Q7 and it has more room for all our gear. I'm fine with loud exhaust but curious if I can live with it daily. I do take a lot of calls from my truck using the Sync.

Also I live in CA and am subject to smog inspection every two years. While I am still going to run cats I'd hate to fail the visual inspection and have to reinstall the OE system. Anyone with experience here? I am sure they don't see too many Raptors but with a dump system I am sure they are going to look.

Any other input is appreciated if you actually have either of these systems installed in a truck you own and currently drive. TIA

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the sw Lightning exit factory connect, no headers. I love the sound, it doesn't drone to me. The factory connect still requires you to cut a short section to reuse the flange off the factory system. The measurement sw provides is way off, as in too long. Fit up the sw exhaust and do your own measurement.

ziechman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running the full SW system. Headers high flo cats and lightning exit. The noise in the truck is loud. Talking normal to a front passenger is doable but if there is a passenger in the back seat they will not be able to hear what u are saying. Sync will work u just have to talk louder than normal and someone can hear u on the other end. Was going to do a full dynamat but have not got around to it yet. Heard mixed reviews on wether or not that actually lessens in the cab noise.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it won't fit your requirements.

Get an offroad y-pipe and the catback of your choice.

OP
OP
andreb

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys. At this point I am leaning towards the Lighting cat-back system but we'll see. I was also trying to put something together that would allow me an upgrade path to headers but it seems tough as the systems are for either the factory connect or to the SW headers. I've got an E-mail into Chris as SW to discuss some particulars.

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SW headers with no cats and dirty deeds exhaust sounds pretty good too. It's a lightning style exit like you want. And with the helmholtz resonator already on it, there's no drone in the cab. Quiet at an idle, mean and loud at WOT.

https://youtu.be/yQcHif7oYk4

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Wolff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SW headers with no cats and dirty deeds exhaust sounds pretty good too. It's a lightning style exit like you want. And with the helmholtz resonator already on it, there's no drone in the cab. Quiet at an idle, mean and loud at WOT.

https://youtu.be/yQcHif7oYk4

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just when I was settled on running SW headers and dumps myself you go and throw another option in the ring

Sounds awesome!