Anyone got Gibson?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricky B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Specifically the dual straight out the back under the bumper?

Gibson Performance Exhaust - Stainless Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System, Dual Split Rear

Anyone have any sound clips?

Also any issues?

I was between that system and the stainless works S Tube rear bumper exit. I heard the Gibson on 5.4 litre when it took off from a green light and it didn't have much sound to it. I assume it was Gibson since he had the decal in the rear window. I pulled the trigger on the stainless works and I don't have any regrets. After a month I did the resonator delete and it even sounds better. I have absolutely no drone. I don't think it's too loud, but when you get on it, heads will turn.

OP
OP
A

ANDR3W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was between that system and the stainless works S Tube rear bumper exit. I heard the Gibson on 5.4 litre when it took off from a green light and it didn't have much sound to it. I assume it was Gibson since he had the decal in the rear window. I pulled the trigger on the stainless works and I don't have any regrets. After a month I did the resonator delete and it even sounds better. I have absolutely no drone. I don't think it's too loud, but when you get on it, heads will turn.

Do you have any sound clips?

OP
OP
A

ANDR3W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, but Stainless Works web site has some good videos. They compare stock sounds to their sounds and decibel ratings.

Got in contact with Gibson and they informed me the spare has to be removed which I'm not willing to do. Where you able to keep yours in with the SW?

Ricky B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got in contact with Gibson and they informed me the spare has to be removed which I'm not willing to do. Where you able to keep yours in with the SW?

Yes, But you will have to tie up the wires that are attached to the axle on the driver side so they don't make contact with the tail pipe. Warning!! The install instruction suck! They identify the components with a magic marker so you know where they go. They had my hangar brackets for the front and rear labeled wrong and I ****** with it for 3 hours on a cold garage floor laying on my back. The next morning, I said screw it and took it to a muffler shop. They charged me $100.00 for the install. That's when I realized they had the brackets marked wrong. I heard some guys bend the bracket on the axle, I just used heavy duty wire ties to keep the wires off the tail pipe. When installed properly, everything fits nice and clean.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Yes, But you will have to tie up the wires that are attached to the axle on the driver side so they don't make contact with the tail pipe. Warning!! The install instruction suck! They identify the components with a magic marker so you know where they go. They had my hangar brackets for the front and rear labeled wrong and I ****** with it for 3 hours on a cold garage floor laying on my back. The next morning, I said screw it and took it to a muffler shop. They charged me $100.00 for the install. That's when I realized they had the brackets marked wrong. I heard some guys bend the bracket on the axle, I just used heavy duty wire ties to keep the wires off the tail pipe. When installed properly, everything fits nice and clean.

If you are doing it yourself with no hoist, you might want to remove the spare so you have more room to work with. When complete you can put the spare back in place.