any one run straight pipes w/cats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f150corey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well thats basically it any one run straight pipes with the stock cats? or i guess its the same as a cut out?

if you do, do you run a tuner? any issues with not runing a tuner? will it run to lean?

my biggest question is will it void my warranty?

im thinking doing what i did with my old f150 with the 5.4 just take the exhaust off and run a pipe back with a 90/45 on it pretty much an mbrp turn down with out a muffler.

maybe i missed a thread discussing this but i dont see any. so whats every ones oppinion on this?

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I took the muffler off but left the resonator. Maybe I should ditch that too. Hehe

OP
OP
F

f150corey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup same here dumped them about 2 feet back from the Cats

I took the muffler off but left the resonator. Maybe I should ditch that too. Hehe

are you guys runing 5.4's or 6.2's?

any tuners?

im just trying to make sure its safe for my truck and my engine before i go doing it. on my new 2013

Last edited:

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
6.2, no tune, no problems. The resonator takes enough off that it's fairly quiet at idle but she roars when you step on her. I only went this route because it was extremely easy to put a turndown on after the resonator and it involved no modification.

Plus I'm cheap.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i will be pulling my custom made magnapack lightning style exit cat back off the truck after u get and install my full SW works exhaust. its fully bolt on including the front flange. if your interested.