Another header question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kooks ok thanks I will look into them. My buddy is a American Racing dealer so just asked him a price. He sold me some for a CTSV and they were very nice hooked up to stock exhaust.
but ill ask him about kooks also

what are your thoughts on cats? I figured why? I am in cali it won't pass smog anyways I have to pay for the boot leg smog anyways. no other reason to have them correct?

Palerider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a set of Kooks 1 3/4 LTs I'm going to install soon. I bought them from an individual and it didn't include the y-pipe so I'm shopping for that now. I'm on the fence about the cats or no cats decision. I've heard Kooks headers have some of the highest flowing cats available. But I'm still not sure if I should just go all out race truck with no cats or resonator. I also have a Black Widow Race Venom muffler to tie it all together.

OP
OP
R

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a set of Kooks 1 3/4 LTs I'm going to install soon. I bought them from an individual and it didn't include the y-pipe so I'm shopping for that now. I'm on the fence about the cats or no cats decision. I've heard Kooks headers have some of the highest flowing cats available. But I'm still not sure if I should just go all out race truck with no cats or resonator. I also have a Black Widow Race Venom muffler to tie it all together.

didn't include the Y pipe? did he **** you or is there a option to not get the Y pipe?
I got quoted $1600 for ARH hook up to stock exhaust
$1200 SW hooked up to stock exhaust

will I need a Y pipe with these? or come in the set?

Palerider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
didn't include the Y pipe? did he **** you or is there a option to not get the Y pipe?
I got quoted $1600 for ARH hook up to stock exhaust
$1200 SW hooked up to stock exhaust

will I need a Y pipe with these? or come in the set?
I'm sure there's always an option to not buy the Y-pipe. I feel like I got a good deal on them. $850 shipped including hardware. So for those you're looking at I'm almost certain they will include the Y-pipe for that price.

OP
OP
R

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there's always an option to not buy the Y-pipe. I feel like I got a good deal on them. $850 shipped including hardware. So for those you're looking at I'm almost certain they will include the Y-pipe for that price.

ya 850 all day long. wanna sell them lol