6.2L Raptor Exhaust/Muffler Video Thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone talk about it but has anyone seen thses yet?MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust - OFF ROAD PRO-SERIES

Looks cool - They don't list one for a 6.2L Ford though - I'll probably go with the Magnapacks next week and just install turn downs like Lucky did.

Got the new setup installed this afternoon. It took all of 25 minutes from start to finish. Attached are a couple of fairly rough photos. Per SOCOMech's advice I installed the Magnapack 14419 which is a 3" round setup. It's super small...

Now for the good part....

The sound is awesome. It's throaty and nasty as hell under load. Louder in all conditions. But (and this is really surprising) the drone is no worse than the old Magnaflow universal I had on there. You get some drone at 1750 RPMs but it's no louder than what I had on there before. So while you can certainly hear the engine much better, you can always hear the phone, music, etc. You just have to hear this thing under a lot of pedal to believe it. Holy chit...

Also, I have noticed zero ill effects from the downturn under the truck. No smell, no booming and no extra heat around the system. I took it for a long drive and then got under it and felt the surfaces near the pipe. Barely warm...

In short, this is how the truck should have been delivered. Many thanks to SOCOMech for answering my questions and the awesome post...

Nice Lucky! Lets hear some audio!
I've gotta try and make time next week to get this done.

And thanks SOCO - Of all the muffler mods I've been listening to in 6 months - your posts have made it an easy decision.

Lucky14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That MF turndown series looks almost identical to what I put on. But the muffler looks like the 6" round instead of the 4" round that I used. It does have a mandrel bent turndown which is better than mine but oh well...

I would post a clip but it sounds EXACTLY like SOCOMech's video and there is no way I could match the quality...

It took literally 30 minutes from the time I pulled it up to the shop to paid and out the door. We did have a slight delay while everyone laughed when they first started it. So it wont take much time... :)

Last edited:

Lucky14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: For those wondering about freeway drone and drivability, I drove the 15+ miles on the freeway to work this morning. The drone is no worse than my old system (MF). But the system is considerably louder. At 2000 rpms (approx 70 mph) it's certainly making some serious noise. But even with that, you can still hear the stereo, phone, etc.

This is not scientific at all but I have to say that the combination of the this mod (fewer bends, little restriction) and the new Airaid certainly makes the truck feel like it has more kick. I have not had a tune though so that's entirely subjective.

Just a note of caution. If you decide to give it a bit of pedal when you get on the freeway, look around for any LEOs first. It sounds like something from NHRA. :)

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Nice, glad you guys like it!!!! Not just because it's my truck or set up but, I truly believe it's the best sounding exhaust so far........a nice growl at idle and cruise but when you're on it, it's down right nasty. Now, to get these damn headers on......

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Lucky, I noticed your duallys in the pics you just posted, did you mount them to the bumper or the spring perch, couldn't tell from the pic?

Lucky14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spring perch. They rock. This is a must-do modification to truck. I also have them wired into AUX 4 for when I want to turn them on w/out being in reverse...

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That MF turndown series looks almost identical to what I put on. But the muffler looks like the 6" round instead of the 4" round that I used. It does have a mandrel bent turndown which is better than mine but oh well...

I would post a clip but it sounds EXACTLY like SOCOMech's video and there is no way I could match the quality...

It took literally 30 minutes from the time I pulled it up to the shop to paid and out the door. We did have a slight delay while everyone laughed when they first started it. So it wont take much time... :)

Oh come on now, you cant be posting in the "6.2L Raptor Exhaust/Muffler Video Thread!" and not post a video lol. These dump pictures inspire me to get rid of my stock tailpipes, what was Ford thinking when they put those ugly bastards on?

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
SOCO,
Just a heads up, when you add your high flow cats the decibel level is going to go way up. Long tubes and stock cats is not bad. High flow cats raise the sound a bunch.