6.2 exhaust recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tplee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a MagnaFlow 12288 and love it. Nice rumble, zero drone. I like the stock exit, so I bought just the muffler. Cut the old one off and welded the new one in myself. Only cost was the muffler... $108 shipped. Cheapest exhaust I've ever gotten.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

I swapped out the factory muffler for the Magnaflow P/N 12388 performance muffler. I'm sorry I did it. The #12388 is a direct weld-in replacement for the factory muffler, and a flow-through design which the factory muffler is not. You can see right through the Magnaflow muffler from one end to the other. It is a great muffler and it has a great/deep/smooth sound, but I do not think it is an improvement over the factory muffler. I gained no power and no fuel economy, and lost the raspy tone of the factory can at WOT. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the factory exhaust system that warrants a large expenditure to replace it.
The 12388 is too much muffler, IMO. The 12288 is what I run. It's shorter and offers a little more sound. As for mileage, I've never picked up MPGs from just a muffler replacement. To get appreciable millage increase, I imagine a complete mandrel exhaust system, including headers would be necessary. That and a good high flow air filter (prolly wouldn't waste my money on a CAI...but that's a topic for another thread). But if headers and a complete exhaust are in the budget, then I'd definitely go for it, but for sound, performance and just all around awesomeness... MPGs would be a distant 4th. Now, as to which compete kit to go with? I dunno.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
I love the sound of the black widow... I'm in town and care about my neighbors so I wish I had gone with the larger one only for the cold starts. Other than that, its fantastic.

tplee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Magnaflow 15366 Cat Back Exhaust System is what I put on mine. Mellow when driving smooth, but really wakes up at full throttle... I have not detected any drone. I love the look...

PICT0015_zps0cgfz24i.jpg
I ultimately wanted this kit... In fact the muffler I used, 12288, is the same one from the kit.