6.2 exhaust recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I'm wanting to do an aftermarket exhaust. I would like it to not have a drone down the highway. I would of course like it sound good and flow a lot better for the engine. I'm open to changing the headers too. Also needs to pass emissions.

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I swapped out the factory muffler for the Magnaflow P/N 12388 performance muffler. I'm sorry I did it. The #12388 is a direct weld-in replacement for the factory muffler, and a flow-through design which the factory muffler is not. You can see right through the Magnaflow muffler from one end to the other. It is a great muffler and it has a great/deep/smooth sound, but I do not think it is an improvement over the factory muffler. I gained no power and no fuel economy, and lost the raspy tone of the factory can at WOT. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the factory exhaust system that warrants a large expenditure to replace it.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went all out with SW and very happy. but If I was going to do just a muffler probably be the dirtydeeds

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Corsa Xtreme hands down best sound for these motors if youre just doing catback

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
As long as you don't drive through the mountains..........:ROFLJest:

Any of these aftermarket exhausts need to be tack welded. Lesson learned.:flipthebird:

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

As long as you don't drive through the mountains..........:ROFLJest:

And if you weren't straight out of Driving Ms Daisy and had some balls, you'd break shit too.