50 state legal headers?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
Does anyone know of 50 state legal (mainly CA) headers?! My oem ones got bent up and while they still work I think they got tweaked and I have a slight ticking/exhaust leak... Figured I might as well upgrade but not if I can't pass smog... Headers are a pita to take on and off lol

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope, none. That's why we were trying to get someone to make shorty headers. But never got enough commitment.

6.2 - Power To Do More

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You would think that CA would have enough ppl that would want these and we could get started on SW production.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Even shorty headers would have to go through the same process as LT headers for filing a C.A.R.B. in California.

Whipple submitted the paper work with the help of Ford to get the LT Header kit and tune C.A.R.B. two years ago.
I haven't heard anything on what happen to that.

customtruckshop

LGE-CTS Motorsports
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even shorty headers would have to go through the same process as LT headers for filing a C.A.R.B. in California.

Whipple submitted the paper work with the help of Ford to get the LT Header kit and tune C.A.R.B. two years ago.
I haven't heard anything on what happen to that.

I know they got their SC CARB legal. One can assume?

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know why people want long tubes on a raptor. Most four wheeling is done at lower RPM's so that the short tube headers would be advantageous. Just a thought.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What short tube headers??

6.2 - Power To Do More

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

My understanding is that may not be true. I'm (for the moment) believing that if the stock position of the stock cats is maintained, it OK.

6.2 - Power To Do More