3.5 MBRP Black Exhaust is awesome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bat Raptor

Reaction score
Just got my 2012 Raptor SCrew upgraded a bit..

AFE CA intake
AFE Throttle body spacer
SCT 4X tuner with 3 tunes (currently running the 87 economy tune)
MBRP 3.5 black Cat back exhaust

I'm still waiting to see if there are any obvious changes in power or fuel economy, but I can certainly say that the throttle response is much quicker and the exhaust sounds awesome..

I heard all kinds of horror stories about cabin drone from the MBRP and from my experience, its all bull.. the sound is great..

When the throttle is wide open, the exhaust is loud and there is some cabin vibration, but as soon as you come off WOT, the vibration drops off and the low sound of the exhaust is barely noticeable..

I took it out on the freeway and went wide open on the on ramp.. the cabin was loud and filled with sound until I came off the throttle at 85 mph.. as soon as I came off the throttle I heard the hum of my tires louder than the exhaust.. so the drone is a myth.. at least with this set..

very pleased with MBRP..

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad you like it. I think most people that complain about drone have the MBRP and don't let it break in.

I love my turndown and would've got the black but didn't like the over the axle setup.

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thought the complaints were about the turndown, which I have. I wanted their perf. cat back but went the cheap ass route for now

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and I said that most of the complaints I have read were not about the full cat back, but the turndown

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That looks sweet. Must... not... look... anymore...

Any chance there's a dual tipped version?

blackraptor99

Reaction score
I have this same one and thought the same for the first while but then it began to wear on me, especially on small steady inclines like coming out of downtown Denver heading for the foothills. Drove me nuts so I eventually had the factory resonator put back in and it made a huge difference. Still sounds a lot more aggressive than stock but no drone. My biggest issue is that stupid exhaust tip. When you get it hot the black coating flakes off the tip and it begins to rust instantly. I had it replaced 3 times already and the last time they said they would make me a one off dual wall tip but in the end they couldn't do it and said they are using a new coating. I'm pretty sure this one is doing the same after only a couple months and the rest of the exhaust is also looking like shit now. I haven't even had it exposed to road salt as it's not my daily driver. After having it for 1.5 yrs I'd have to say to stay away from this exhaust.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I want black tips something fierce, but not if they deteriorate like that.