16" Dirty Deeds installed today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jack_Toepfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 Harley F150, I've been on here for a while because you guys beat on the 6.2 like I do!

Anyone aware of this exhaust interfering with the power running boards on my truck?

Also, I really love the dual outlets that we have and would want to move both tips in front of the wheel, has this ever been done successfully?

Something to consider - make the kit modular enough to swap out the mufflers. Sell me a 16" kit, but let me swap out the 16" for a 24" in a matter of minutes in my driveway before a road trip. I don't need a whole new exhaust, but charge me for the fabrication, the flanges, and 2 mufflers. Does it make economical sense? It's worth a LOT to me to keep the ol'lady quiet.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2012 Harley F150, I've been on here for a while because you guys beat on the 6.2 like I do!

Anyone aware of this exhaust interfering with the power running boards on my truck?

Also, I really love the dual outlets that we have and would want to move both tips in front of the wheel, has this ever been done successfully?

Something to consider - make the kit modular enough to swap out the mufflers. Sell me a 16" kit, but let me swap out the 16" for a 24" in a matter of minutes in my driveway before a road trip. I don't need a whole new exhaust, but charge me for the fabrication, the flanges, and 2 mufflers. Does it make economical sense? It's worth a LOT to me to keep the ol'lady quiet.

It will not interfere with your power steps.

As far as swapping out the mufflers - the Helmholz resonator is welded directly to the muffler, so you've got that working against you already. The rest of the materials are minimal. It takes so little time to swap the full exhaust as it is one single piece, that it may be just as easy to buy another one. Have the 16" ready for when you want to make some noise, and swap in the 24" for those quiet nights on the town. Honestly, it takes about 15 minutes, tops, to install one of these. With a little practice, you could knock off a few minutes......

I would venture to say that this would be the most economical way to do what you want as a custom built, interchangeable system would probably exceed the cost of two systems.

just Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another happy customer. Ordered straight from Keith, the man at Dirty Deeds, who took the time to answer my stupid questions and make sure I got the right product. Got rid of a straight MBRP turndown for this, and couldn’t be happier. The other exhaust was really droney for a daily driver. I’m about to put 3k on the truck and am really happy to have a mellower cab but still get some good bark when mashin the skinny pedal. Install was almost as easy as a Stubby antenna.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another happy customer. Ordered straight from Keith, the man at Dirty Deeds, who took the time to answer my stupid questions and make sure I got the right product. Got rid of a straight MBRP turndown for this, and couldn’t be happier. The other exhaust was really droney for a daily driver. I’m about to put 3k on the truck and am really happy to have a mellower cab but still get some good bark when mashin the skinny pedal. Install was almost as easy as a Stubby antenna.

What size did you get? I am looking at a 24".

just Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
16”. This thread is the 16” installed today thread... but my fault not stating that. About 150 miles on it so far, and really happy. Didn’t lose the character of the turn down, but definitely dumped the thudding drone.