The Yeti in a blizzard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Here's a short video from early this morning during the height of the blizzard that left 30" of snow locally in my area. These roads had not been plowed in several hours, anywhere between 6-18"+ of powder in spots on the road with white out conditions.

A side note on the TORSEN front diff...it's confidence inspiring yet slightly annoying how much steering wheel input it requires through deep snow. You can see at one point how much the wheel was pulling my hand around through the deeper stuff.

It's nothing exciting but shows how bad it got out there...

th_M4H00612_zps887ca522.jpg

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What were ya thinking? You could have easily been moving 55-65 mph on those clean roads! Out for a Sunday drive...I understand...take your time, relax, enjoy the scenery.

Now, we would all like the faster version. Go do it all over again at double your speed! The SnoBallers did it so you can too!

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I want to take this opportunity to express my personal and heartfelt appreciation to Mother Nature for giving Mayor Bloomberg something real to think about instead of his obsession with guns, the size of soft drinks, styrofoam and polystyrine.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
What were ya thinking? You could have easily been moving 55-65 mph on those clean roads! Out for a Sunday drive...I understand...take your time, relax, enjoy the scenery.

Now, we would all like the faster version. Go do it all over again at double your speed! The SnoBallers did it so you can too!

ha! i know you're just kidding but my Dad told me something i'll always remember. the more time you spend driving in snow, the slower you will find you drive. all those unexpected "oh shit" moments run through your head and over time teach you to keep it straight and steady. in really cold temps even an increase in road crown can send you sliding off the road. snow on top of ice is really slippery.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
bird is right. we had a lot of ice under the snow making road conditions worse than they even looked. it was very slick. made plowing a bit of a bitch too

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
you can see in the video i kept correcting the wheel to the left because just the road crown alone was gradually sliding me toward the right. that effect increases with speed. the solution is driving in the middle of the road or if you're on a trail it's alright to have some ruts to ride in.