Silver Lake Sand Dunes- Day 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohntheDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, day one is under our belts. We're getting ready to go get some breakfast and head out for another day of flogging. This truck is AMAZING!! The suspension is second to none and I did not lack for power at all with my 5.4 engine. I DID have re-figure the nanny controls when traction control prevented me from making my first two hill climb attempts, though. This truck is definitely "Built Ford Tough." This jump was the result of a speedy uphill climb. My wife NAILED this picture at just the right time! Don't know if she could have timed it any better. It almost didn't seem like I was jumping. The take off was smooth and the landing wasn't as hard as I expected it to be. The only reason I knew I flew (ha) was all the stuff in the cab went UP and then went DOWN. My change in the council was all over after this one. Soooooooo Fun!!!! Saw two other Raptors up there: a blue 5.4 and an orange 6.2. Both members of the "other" forum. I did give them an invite here but warned them of the consequences.

Click on pic to enlarge.

View attachment 598

:w00t:

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
GREAT pic John! I hope you're submitting that one to the photo contest! If you win you can share the prize with your wife.

Glad you're having such a great time with your Raptor. Now we need all the other Raptor owners who haven't yet been offroad to take theirs out and experience this.

attachment.php

How did you mount the flag?

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
where's Birdman or xjr??? they should be taking my words out of context for me...... I hate doing all the work on my own. :shakehead:

I was too busy doing a couple beer commercials and coming up with timeless quotes. Carry on. :)