Show off your latest pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha no I crashed my rap

Sorry to hear this . So realy the paint job is costing much more , but the $500 is just your out of pocket ? insurance is getting the rest..

Look forward to seeing some pics. Do us a favore and ask them where they got the Tux black paint ? DId they just mix and match them selves or order from Ford .
Because apparentley there is only one mine in the world that has the super special flake for Tux black and it ran dry , well or realy wet in the Pacific Rim in the recent past .:crazy:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was in Colorado last week, driving the challenging trail over Cinnamon Pass (12,600 feet in altitude) in the San Juan Range. At well over 12,000 feet we came upon Dave and his broken Honda XL650 dirt bike. Dave had smacked his bike's clutch cover on a rock, shattering the cover, breaking the clutch basket, and dumping his engine oil. He was well and truly stranded in one of the most remote places in North America. As we approached him on the trail he had this wonderfully expectant smile on his face, and he actually rubbed his hands together with glee. Would we load up his bike in the Raptor and take him over the pass to Silverton? Hell yes.

We loaded the Honda in the back, tied it down with some of my dad's nylon WWII era parachute cord, went over the pass, and down the other side to Silverton. Dave bought us locally distilled rum and pizza for lunch. We ate outside and were able to watch the afternoon thunderstorms build. Not wanting to try that road in reverse direction in a T-storm, we asked about the road route back to Lake City where we were staying. Dave grinned and said that the shortest route to Lake City was though Durango, which happens to be where his lives. We wound up rescuing Dave and his Honda at 12,400 feet and driving him to his front door. Dave described it as a "best case scenario" and was mightily impressed with what the raptor could do and how well it could do it.

The photo is of Dave and his Honda in the back of the Raptor talking to his buddy Tony on the ground. I need a bumper sticker for the truck that says "OFFICIAL HONDA RECOVERY VEHICLE."

Attachments

• Honda Recovery Vehicle at Cinnamon Pass 12,600 feet.jpg
    Honda Recovery Vehicle at Cinnamon Pass 12,600 feet.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 408
Last edited:

KTM RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in Colorado last week, driving the challenging trail over Cinnamon Pass (12,600 feet in altitude) in the San Juan Range. At well over 12,000 feet we came upon Dave and his broken Honda XL650 dirt bike. Dave had smacked his bike's clutch cover on a rock, shattering the cover, breaking the clutch basket, and dumping his engine oil. He was well and truly stranded in one of the most remote places in North America. As we approached him on the trail he had this wonderfully expectant smile on his face, and he actually rubbed his hands together with glee. Would we load up his bike in the Raptor and take him over the pass to Silverton? Hell yes.

We loaded the Honda in the back, tied it down with some of my dad's nylon WWII era parachute cord, went over the pass, and down the other side to Silverton. Dave bought us locally distilled rum and pizza for lunch. We ate outside and were able to watch the afternoon thunderstorms build. Not wanting to try that road in reverse direction in a T-storm, we asked about the road route back to Lake City where we were staying. Dave grinned and said that the shortest route to Lake City was though Durango, which happens to be where his lives. We wound up rescuing Dave and his Honda at 12,400 feet and driving him to his front door. Dave described it as a "best case scenario" and was mightily impressed with what the raptor could do and how well it could do it.

The photo is of Dave and his Honda in the back of the Raptor talking to his buddy Tony on the ground. I need a bumper sticker for the truck that says "OFFICIAL HONDA RECOVERY VEHICLE."

Your a good man Ruger :birgits_tiredcoffee

Love stories like this :waytogo:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, KTM! I'm a motorcyclist, too, so I wasn't about to leave him there.

I take it you're a KTM owner. When I retire in a year or two, I have every hope of moving to the Colorado mountain country. I think I'll get more use out of a dual-sport than a road bike, so I'll probably trade my Buell S3 in on a KTM. It's a toss-up between the 450 EXC, 530 EXC, and the 690 Enduro R. I'm nearly 57 years old and have absolutely no racing or speed ambitions, I'm just primarily interested in capability and reliability. Any advice???

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
Finally my judgement day has come. I will be reunited with the love of my life sometime around 3 pst pm. Stay tuned for raptor ****.. If swoop still had his supercab we could do a twin sister script too dirty even for FRF

KTM RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, KTM! I'm a motorcyclist, too, so I wasn't about to leave him there.

I take it you're a KTM owner. When I retire in a year or two, I have every hope of moving to the Colorado mountain country. I think I'll get more use out of a dual-sport than a road bike, so I'll probably trade my Buell S3 in on a KTM. It's a toss-up between the 450 EXC, 530 EXC, and the 690 Enduro R. I'm nearly 57 years old and have absolutely no racing or speed ambitions, I'm just primarily interested in capability and reliability. Any advice???

Hey to tell you the truth, I ride 2-strokes unfortunately.. 08 250 SX, 11 250 XC-W, a 02 125 sx play bike. BUT, I like your taste!! The 690 enduro R is on my list :happy3:

The truth is, I wouldn't want to be lugging a 690 around trails all day. (The 50 or so extra pounds would stop me from doing certain things. But for you, I sense more leisurely riding, so I don't see any problems. (Im looking at one for more on road abilities.)

All depends on what your doing though. For tricky sections like steep steep inclines/rooty sections/tight single track Id prefer whipping around a 450 or 530exc instead of the 690.

LoL, Im just scared of the weight (If I were to ever fall/crash) My 2-strokes are like 230 lbs w/fuel. The 450/530 would be around 260lbs w/fuel and a 690 enduro would be like 310 if not more with fuel.

Hope this helps, all are reliable, just keep up with the maintenance.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score

That's a great story.
Have you posted more pics of the trip that I/we can see? I've love to see more of the scenery