Question on camera mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quicksinner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who knows of a good one. I have a Sony handycam that I would like to use when tearing it up in the Raptor. Not a super spectacular camera but it'll do. Not sure of what kind of mount to get. I'm thinking it should be an interior mount since the camera is not weather proof.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can tell you what not to try... a "headrest" mount you can make with angle iron and u-bolts. There are plans for them on the Internet... easy to make but does not work off road at all.

The "suction cup" mounts that come with cameras like the GoPro and the Contour are great. Maybe someone makes something similar for a regular camera?

I didn't have much luck making/finding a solid mount for my handycam so I bought a gopro HD on sale for about $200. The Contour looks like a great (maybe even better) choice too.

(you might consider getting one of those little "solid state" cameras instead of trying to use what you have. They are lightweight and can stand up to the vibration and bouncing off road better than normal camcorders)