out with '12 and in with the '14

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traded in my silver 2012 for a terrain 2014. Im loving the switch! MFT sucks ass. The iphone 5 doesnt get along too well with the MFT. I love the power steering column and the improved sound deadening over the 12. Other than that, its the same old truck. I stripped the 12, and now to the 14.

So far ive put my raptor retros, ADD bumpers, this time with a winch, and all of my rigids with some new 4" hyperspots. they are pretty awesome. I swapped my fuels, toyos and amp steps over, and will continue on with all of the other parts. I have had this thing for a couple weeks now, but i havent posted it up. Its nice to have gotten one more before the body style swap and long wait begin for the new ones!

http://s107.photobucket.com/user/linexsa/slideshow/2014 ford raptor

trap9_zpsb55f7808.jpg
tans7_zpsf31afec5.jpg
making some terrain friends-
tans1_zpsb1009242.jpg
addtanrap4_zpsd73f60c8.jpg
addtanrap2_zpsf8d9a784.jpg
addtanrap_zpsc7ebf49c.jpg

Last edited:

charles06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great looking truck(s)! And congrats on the '14.

May I ask how you like your AMP steps? I've been debating them, even had the clear bra done on the lower doors, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Do you find them easier or harder to get out of the truck? I know getting in should be easier. Just wondering how far down the step is when getting out.

Thanks,

Charles

OP
OP
L

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great looking truck(s)! And congrats on the '14.

May I ask how you like your AMP steps? I've been debating them, even had the clear bra done on the lower doors, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Do you find them easier or harder to get out of the truck? I know getting in should be easier. Just wondering how far down the step is when getting out.

Thanks,

Charles

Its quite a bit easier to step into. i like the look and protection of the factory boards, but i have an 89 year old grandmother i have to take to Dr. appointments from time to time, and its way easier for her to get in and out than the factory steps. I have them on my 6" lifted Excursion as well, and have just gotten used to them swinging down really far. They look clean, and hide well. Alot of guys hate them on raptors, but i have found good use for them.

charles06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's about what I figured. I've had them on my Hummer SUT for about 7 years now, and they've been great. The Hummer is lifted and rides on Toyo 40's, so they were an absolute necessity. BTW, many of the clear bra places already have pieces pre-cut to fit the lower half of the doors. You might want to look into those. That's why some of the Raptor guys shy away from this mod....the lack of a running board allows more stuff to be thrown up and nick the doors.

OP
OP
L

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new rig, linexsa, and thanks for sharing all the pictures! What a beast!

Crystal

Crystal,
I take it you are with ford corporate? are there any updates to the MFT that help its compatibility with the iphone5S? my 12 wit hthe Sony had zero issues with connectivity, but this MFT system connects when it wants, and disconnects when it wants as well. Just curious, and thank you!

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Crystal,
I take it you are with ford corporate? are there any updates to the MFT that help its compatibility with the iphone5S? my 12 wit hthe Sony had zero issues with connectivity, but this MFT system connects when it wants, and disconnects when it wants as well. Just curious, and thank you!

Hi linexsa,

Your best bet will be to reach out to our in-vehicle technology folks here on the forum - FordIVTTeam. They handle all inquiries related to MFT; I know they'll be happy to help. Here's a link to their profile: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/members/fordivtteam/

Crystal