Ken Block's RaptorTrax Shredfest Video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That thing is beyond awesome. I'd take that over a snowmobile any day. However, I think those Mattracks cost about as much as the truck!

Dude those things are a nightmare. They are the ones from his original Subaru with a totally different lug pattern. The Trax were offset differently, nothing lined up and they kept walking off the wheel. After thousands of dollars in overnighting really heavy parts they ended up working great. When you drive that thing it feels like it will go through anything.

The crazy thing is the trax are so dam heavy they need 3 limiting straps per corner and still are stretching a few inches.

OP
OP
Jimbo

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Dude those things are a nightmare. They are the ones from his original Subaru with a totally different lug pattern. The Trax were offset differently, nothing lined up and they kept walking off the wheel. After thousands of dollars in overnighting really heavy parts they ended up working great. When you drive that thing it feels like it will go through anything.

The crazy thing is the trax are so dam heavy they need 3 limiting straps per corner and still are stretching a few inches.

Yeah, I couldn't imagine the time and knowledge it took to make it work. That's why you guys have the reputation you do. Is it running the stock suspension?

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, I couldn't imagine the time and knowledge it took to make it work. That's why you guys have the reputation you do. Is it running the stock suspension?

Not Stock

The truck was originally one of the Raptor R's prototype trucks so it had that suspension. The issue that we had with the Trax was the truck had to much suspension travel to begin with so we needed to drastically reduce the travel in both bump and droop. When it bumped out more than a few inches, the trax would hit the cab and cause some serious damage, and with to much droop, we were worried about cv issues because of how heavy the trax are. Luckily the trax themselves are very forgiving so the truck rides really soft on the snow.

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I wonder how many PS racks he went through?

:)

We were quite surprised, No IWE issues and no PS issues. We did install a hydraulic steering assist for the tracks to prevent any potential issues.

-Jeff