Ford Raptor Sled Pull WTF?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
WTF. Looks like it did a decent job at it! Was bouncing off the damn rev-limiter like crazy though!

I don't know if it was the lights, but it almost looked like the brake rotors were glowing red.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
He did pretty decent.........sounded like he just had it in "D" at first and it was hunting for the right gear.

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How the hell are you guys coming to these conclusions?!?!

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
How the hell are you guys coming to these conclusions?!?!

Uh, what? By listening to the vid.....right after he first starts, it sounds like the rpm's go up and then down and then back up again, like the trans shifting to a higher gear and then downshifting to a lower. It's very common for that to happen when under a severe enough load but trying to increase speed, I experience it if I leave it in "D" while running the sand drags. Then, he was bouncing off the rev limiter, maybe he should've just left it in a gear better suited for the speed reached but still be low enough to pull good. I'm sure he was in 4x4 low.....first gear taps out pretty quick.

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh nevermind. I was listening to it on my phone and all i really heard was noise. I can hear it now on a computer!

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Guessing that should have been manually shifted.

The "brake rotor glow" appears to be a red lighting shining off the machined outer edge of the wheels.

I'll never quite understand pulls and tug-of-war competitions..seems like the opposite of proper motorsport, i.e., trying to get as close to the fail point of materials as possible.