Finally taken her off road!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

B.Martin

Reaction score
At the risk of derailing this thread even further, top perch increases the angle of the driveshafts and accelerates the wear on the CV joints. For those that off-road often, the wear is exponential and results in much faster CV joint failure. Those that don't often off-road may get away with it for a longer period of time, but the CV joints will fail prematurely nonetheless.

Also, top perch extends the shock absorber beyond the sweet spot and creates a rougher, stiffer ride. Some argue that top perch makes the Raptor look the most level. However, I personally think it raises the front too much. I prefer mid-perch and that's what I run.

I recommend you take @vanilla_gorilla up on his offer to help correct the situation and drop your truck to mid-perch. They can also check your CV joints for premature wear and possibly prevent any future problems.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info, I will correct to mid perch then. She is due a service any time now, can I not have Ford sort it out?

Ben

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I will correct to mid perch then. She is due a service any time now, can I not have Ford sort it out?

Ben

I don't recommend telling Ford about it. Ford dealerships don't like any suspension modifications, even if it's on their own equipment. They may use it as an excuse to void your warranty on specific driveline components. If you're out of warranty, then I guess it won't matter. Even then, I just hate paying dealership prices for something I can either do myself or call a couple of buddies to help out with. That's gonna be your call.