dog tricks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yep you heard it. i have learned to do dog tricks. i have rolled over and laid down. all in one week.

the official story

our recent trip to pismo sand dunes, i was with my oldest daughter and we were having some fun in the dunes. well that came to an abrupt end when i had to make an evasive maneuver to dodge a guy riding a quad, and ended up rolling the truck. we rolled one complete rotation from the drivers side on to our roof and then the passenger side, and right back onto our wheels, where we came to a stop. i had to make sure the insurance company was going to cover the damages since it was declared not my fault before posting the pics. i appreciate everyone who was there for the help and not posting about the accident until now. preliminary damages are starting at $21k so far. im sure they will find more once they take it apart. any sarcastic remarks could have been taken wrong by the insurance company who could have tried to deny the claim based on all of the smart ass comments that are about to fly.

as for the laid down part....

leaving icecobras house saturday after the install party, i was being tailed by a rice burner. since my face shield was covered in bug guts and dead insects, (due to the warm weather) i decided to pull over to let him pass rather than to rally the road. well, it wasnt a good spot. it was a small turnout on the side of a windy road and unfortunately it was gravel. tapped the brakes, and down i went. luckily it was a slow speed lay down, so it is only cosmetic damage, but i did land on my phone, which destroyed it, and gave me a sore leg. it hurts still.... a little bit of road rash where my jacket slid up, and a sore shoulder. but they are getting much better. good thing it was it 10-15 mph. it seems like everytime i try to do something right, i end up paying for it..... i guess the saying "nice guys finish last" holds some value.....

so now i have wrecked 2 of the 3 vehicles we own. the wife is not happy at all. i wonder why?........

Attachments

• IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0210.jpg
    IMG_0210.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0211.jpg
    IMG_0211.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0224.jpg
    IMG_0224.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0226.jpg
    IMG_0226.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 155
OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn busa that sucks. Hope you got all the bad luck out of the way. Now what. Will they total the truck?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

not yet. the truck holds its value really well, so its a ways from being totaled

Hey Noah where is my Tire Pressure Gauge?
its somewhere out on the dunes i think...

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy damn busa!!! This is an absolute bummer to hear. You've paid your dues for years to come the way I see it. Smooth sailing ahead.

That being said, I wouldn't be caught within 100 miles of you considering the ****** luck you're going through.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy damn busa!!! This is an absolute bummer to hear. You've paid your dues for years to come the way I see it. Smooth sailing ahead.

That being said, I wouldn't be caught within 100 miles of you considering the ****** luck you're going through.
thanks....... haha

the rollover provided us with minor scratches from broken glass, which have all healed. and that was it.

fletch74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least you are alright all that other stuff can be fixed.
The funny thing is if ihavegas would have posted a picture of your truck nobody would have known anyway cause his pics are usually wrong side up (I know you said landed on its wheels just joking)

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn...glad you and your daughter are ok...I can't even bring myself to bust on you...YET...

Just metal and plastic and can be fixed...Go see the Doc...

So hopefully the iPhone saved you some road rash...I guess it is good for something...

No good guys don't finish last...they just finish first last....

Cheers,

Fred