Budget Raptor Build on Extreme 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobboZR2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are only 3 episodes so far but it's looking like only 1 more until they finish the build. The 3rd episode aired on Oct 20th. I have no idea when the next one will be.

Here's a link to the three episodes that have aired so far:

half price raptor | SPIKE

OP
OP
B

BobboZR2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's funny as you watch it and he talks about the price of things as you watch him pour 100s of hours into the build. You have to wonder what all that labor would cost and if not the labor, the tools to accomplish it on your own and the time needed to do it. It's entertaining to watch actually but we all know at the end of the day it will never be a Raptor.

Last edited:

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This was mentioned here before and if I recall the inspiration for the project came when Ian (the show's host) drove an FRF member's Raptor. There was some talk even about inviting the XTreme crew and their Raptor build out to SoCal for a meet and greet and run... what better way to test their budget build than to run it where the original was born and with the real thing?

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's funny as you watch it and he talks about the price of things as you watch him pour 100s of hours into the build. You have to wonder what all that labor would cost and if not the labor, the tools to accomplish it on your own and the time needed to do it. It's entertaining to watch actually but we all know at the end of the day it will never be a Raptor.

yeah and if not paying for labor whats ur own time worth to build something thats already out there unless u r gonna save mega bucks.

408RCLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like it will be pretty cool :iranmaybe: I like the lightning motor and long travel goodies... :driver: we'll see if they finish it out right..

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This was mentioned here before and if I recall the inspiration for the project came when Ian (the show's host) drove an FRF member's Raptor. There was some talk even about inviting the XTreme crew and their Raptor build out to SoCal for a meet and greet and run... what better way to test their budget build than to run it where the original was born and with the real thing?

Yep, it was me.

I sent Ian an email to follow up but haven't heard back. I'm guessing the last episode is already in the can since we filmed the first one at the beginning of the year.