Black; wash and wax

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These trucks look great dirty and clean.

I can't believe how often people stop me to look at the Raptor. Leaving a restaurant this weekend guy was staring at it in the parking lot; just walking around it trying to take pics. Hit remote start and gave him a little scare. Then pulled it out and he took several pics from different angles. Blocking traffic in the parking lot the whole time. Hilarious.

Attachments

• 093.jpg
    093.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 269
  • 094.jpg
    094.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 334
OP
OP
B

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

I go back and forth on finishing the black out. I think the charcoal gray is part of the Raptor look, but really like some of the trucks that have had the gray parts painted black. Thoughts? If I blacked out completely, I think I would paint everything matte black.

Only other thing I want to do is change tires at some point. Going back and forth between General Grabbers with red letters inside and Toyo O/C M/T. Thoughts? Sadly, most of my miles are on-road so on-road performance and noise matter. My wife has Nitto Terra Grapplers, which seem fine, but I have seen some negative posts re the Trail Grapplers, so I have taken those off my short list even though I like their look.

FX4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

I go back and forth on finishing the black out. I think the charcoal gray is part of the Raptor look, but really like some of the trucks that have had the gray parts painted black. Thoughts? If I blacked out completely, I think I would paint everything matte black.

Only other thing I want to do is change tires at some point. Going back and forth between General Grabbers with red letters inside and Toyo O/C M/T. Thoughts? Sadly, most of my miles are on-road so on-road performance and noise matter. My wife has Nitto Terra Grapplers, which seem fine, but I have seen some negative posts re the Trail Grapplers, so I have taken those off my short list even though I like their look.

toyo MT's are great, I got just over 50k out of my last set. BUT they will sing to you, and everyone will know your coming up behind them. I liken them to the worlds loudest zipper if your outside the car, or a jumbo jet landing if your in the car next to a truck with MT's. All-in-All they are a great tire, the noise in the cab is not bad at all, IMO, but I have been rolling around on Toyo MT's for nearly 100k now so I am probably used to it. They handle everything pretty great, even ice. However on a raptor I like the look of the Grabber's best! I'd be interested in their mileage rating/life span. From what i can tell they are superb tires!

Crashthepunisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

I'm in the same boat. I like the idea of going with matte black flares and bumpers, but the more I get used to the gray, the more I like it. It just gives a little accent to my now totally black truck, and from the photos I've seen of painted flares, I think the gray makes it look wider, more muscular than going all black. Same concept applies with light colored vehicles. A curvy vehicle IMO looks better in light colors, especially white because black hides the curves. Black looks great on the blockier parts. I think I'm going to stick with gray flares and bumpers. I'm with you on the compliments. I can't go anywhere without making new friends who want to talk about this truck. A friend of mine just walked around and around it the other day saying "Oh Shit, Oh shit."

OP
OP
B

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I like the idea of going with matte black flares and bumpers, but the more I get used to the gray, the more I like it. It just gives a little accent to my now totally black truck, and from the photos I've seen of painted flares, I think the gray makes it look wider, more muscular than going all black. Same concept applies with light colored vehicles.

Thanks for confirming my gut instinct Crash. Blacked out looks great but I think I am going to stick with a touch of gray; just my preference. Now I just need to get rid of these little tires. Can anyone even buy 17" grabbers right now??