Airborne Raptors! JUMP Pics and Videos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The speedways with the tabletops are just sick (Aaron, Cody, Pynenut). Makes for an awesome Raptor Roundup. I wish we had one here locally. A lot of us have to go seek out sand dunes. Some find good air on a rolling dirt road. Those tabletop jumps are definitely the most Raptor-friendly with a nice solid landing (Mamba found a good one at Cycle Ranch, and looks like Phyguy did too).

A lot of guys ended up with their wheels off the ground at the Texas Raptor Run, but these were mostly rough G-out kickers and not many caught on film.

3ydy6u3a.jpg

I lucked out and ended up with two. The cheapo SDHQ frame kit saved my bacon, but I recommend the real deal to anyone considering big jumps - just for peace of mind. This one made race-deZert.com's online magazine (as did one of Whisler)

http://www.race-dezert.com/home/texas-raptor-run-30343.html

urubaneg.jpg

Panda was the big winner - two pics suitable for framing along with nice write ups.

Greg's jumps were very memorable because he really nailed it on the kickers near the pit area where there were a lot of people. Everyone came running over to see the damage and effects of his negative offset rims. Nothing bent or broken. Impressive. Knew then I was springing for a frame kit.

Hopefully Trey and his heavy machinery are bulldozing us a nice tabletop jump for next years TRR - would make for a smooth landing that won't damage stock trucks. I can think of no better way to improve that run. Maybe place a few GoPros in strategic locations - can get screenshot still photos from the video. The sheer number of sweet jump pics would be crazy cool, and one of your truck would definitely make the best souvenir.

Last edited:

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Hopefully Trey and his heavy machinery are bulldozing us a nice tabletop jump for next years TRR - would make for a smooth landing that won't damage stock trucks. I can think of no better way to improve that run. Maybe place a few GoPros in strategic locations - can get screenshot still photos from the video. The sheer number of sweet jump pics would be crazy cool, and one of your truck would definitely make the best souvenir.

Maybe smooth out the first half or not run it at all. That was some rough track! and Im from the vegas desert!

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My two rear BFGs were toast after TRR. I think they had about 15k miles on them. There are some really fun stretches on the front half, but it is tough on the BFGs (and my lower back).

TRR 2012 was my first real chance to drive the truck off-road. Looking forward to going a little faster in 2013. If Trey doesn't post a down arrow, game on.

OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That front half is a beating. Shredded my BFG's too. First time taking that at speed, it feels like you are killing your truck. Smoothing it out some would help, but the worst parts are really rocky, and there's probably not much you can do with that.